Fiscal centralization and the form of corruption in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 20 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wong, Christine P. W., 1987. "Between plan and market: The role of the local sector in post-mao China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 385-398, September.
- Frye, Timothy & Shleifer, Andrei, 1997.
"The Invisible Hand and the Grabbing Hand,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 354-58, May.
- Cassing, J H & Hillman, A L, 1982. "State-Federal Resource Tax Rivalry: The Queensland Railway and the Federal Export Tax," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 58(162), pages 235-41, September.
- Hehui Jin & Yingyi Qian & Barry Weingast, 1999.
"Regional Decentralization and Fiscal Incentives: Federalism, Chinese Style,"
99013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Jin, Hehui & Qian, Yingyi & Weingast, Barry R., 2005. "Regional decentralization and fiscal incentives: Federalism, Chinese style," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1719-1742, September.
- Levin, Mark & Satarov, Georgy, 2000. "Corruption and institutions in Russia," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Zhuravskaya Ekatherina, 2000.
"Incentives to Provide Local Public Goods: Fiscal Federalism, Russian Style,"
EERC Working Paper Series
99-15e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina V., 2000. "Incentives to provide local public goods: fiscal federalism, Russian style," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 337-368, June.
- Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2000. "Incentives to provide local public goods: fiscal federalism, Russian style," Working Papers w0001, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Olivier Blanchard & Andrei Shleifer, 2000.
"Federalism With and Without Political Centralization. China versus Russia,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1889, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Olivier Blanchard & Andrei Shleifer, 2001. "Federalism With and Without Political Centralization: China Versus Russia," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(4), pages 8.
- Olivier Blanchard & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Federalism with and without Political Centralization: China versus Russia," NBER Working Papers 7616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1996.
"Government in Transition,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1783, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1992. "Spontaneous Order on the Road Back from Socialism: An Asian Perspective," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 31-36, May.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997.
"Federalism as a Commitment to Reserving Market Incentives,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 83-92, Fall.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997. "Federalism as a Commitment to Preserving Market Incentives," Working Papers 97042, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Keen & Christos Kotsogiannis, 2003. "Leviathan and Capital Tax Competition in Federations," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 177-199, 04.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1996. "China's transition to markets: market-preserving federalism, chinese style," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 149-185.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2008.
"Is Corruption an Efficient Grease ?,"
Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center
2008-06, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, . "Is corruption an efficient grease?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8408, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Weill, Laurent, 2008. "Is corruption an efficient grease?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 20/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2010. "Is corruption an efficient grease?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/92603, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kahana, Nava & Qijun, Liu, 2010. "Endemic corruption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 82-88, March.
- Bilin Neyapti, 2003.
"Fiscal Decentralisation and Deficits: International Evidence,"
2003/2, Turkish Economic Association.
- Neyapti, Bilin, 2010. "Fiscal decentralization and deficits: International evidence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 155-166, June.
- Bilin Neyapti, 2008. "Fiscal Decentralization and Deficits : International Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 0802, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Dalgic, Engin & Long, Ngo Van, 2006.
"Corrupt local governments as resource farmers: The helping hand and the grabbing hand,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 115-138, March.
- Engin Dalgic & Ngo Van Long, 2004. "Corrupt Local Government as Resource Farmers: The Helping Hand and the Grabbing Hand," CESifo Working Paper Series 1248, CESifo Group Munich.
- Huang, Bihong & Chen, Kang, 2012. "Are intergovernmental transfers in China equalizing?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 534-551.
- Liu, Qijun, 2007. "How to improve government performance?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1198-1206, December.
- Birney, Mayling, 2014. "Decentralization and Veiled Corruption under China’s “Rule of Mandates”," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 55-67.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.