On measuring inequity in taxation: a new approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-70, March.
- Suits, Daniel B, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 747-52, September.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1976. "On the theory of tax reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 77-104.
- Lerman, Robert I. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1995. "Changing Ranks and the Inequality Impacts of Taxes and Transfers," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(1), pages 45-59, March Cit.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1988.
"Empirical measurement of horizontal inequity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 305-329, December.
- Kakwani, Nanak C, 1977. "Applications of Lorenz Curves in Economic Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 719-27, April.
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Lambert, Peter J. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1995. "Equity, equality and welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 674-682, April.
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
- Fellman, J, 1976. "The Effect of Transformations on Lorenz Curves," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 823-24, July.
- Lai, Ching-Chong & Liao, Chih-Hsing, 2012. "Optimal nonlinear income taxation with productive government expenditure," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 66-77.
- Justin van de Ven & John Creedy, 2003.
"Taxation, Reranking and Equivalence Scales,"
Treasury Working Paper Series
03/11, New Zealand Treasury.
- Creedy, J. & van de Ven, J., 2001. "Taxation, Reranking and Equivalence Scales," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 782, The University of Melbourne.
- Justin van de Ven & John Creedy, 2004. "Taxation, Reranking and Equivalence Scales," NIESR Discussion Papers 227, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Ivica Urban, 2009. "Kakwani decomposition of redistributive effect: Origins, critics and upgrades," Working Papers 148, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Alf Vanags, 2010. "Tax reform in Latvia: Could it be fair?," SSE Riga/BICEPS Occasional Papers 8, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS) and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- Son, Hyun H., 2012. "Evaluating social protection programs in Tajikistan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 179-188.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.