Evaluating effective income tax progression
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 56 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
- Musgrave, Richard A, 1987. "Short of Euphoria," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 59-71, Summer.
- Basmann, R. L. & Hayes, K. J. & Slottje, D. J., 1991. "The Lorenz curve and the mobility function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 105-111, May.
- Fellman, J, 1976. "The Effect of Transformations on Lorenz Curves," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 823-24, July.
- John P. Formby & W. James Smith & Paul D. Thistle, 1992. "On the Definition of Tax Neutrality: Distributional and Welfare Implications of Policy Alternatives," Public Finance Review, , vol. 20(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Lambert, Peter J & Aronson, J Richard, 1993. "Inequality Decomposition Analysis and the Gini Coefficient Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1221-27, September.
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-70, March.
- Suits, Daniel B, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 747-52, September.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1976. "On the theory of tax reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 77-104.
- Kakwani, Nanak C, 1977. "Applications of Lorenz Curves in Economic Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 719-27, April.
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Sen, Amartya, 1973. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281931, October.
- Makoto Kakinaka & Rodrigo M. Pereira, 2006. "A New measurement of Tax Progressivity," Working Papers, Research Institute, International University of Japan EMS_2006_09, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Valentino Dardoni & Peter J. Lambert, 2000. "Progressivity comparisons," IFS Working Papers, Institute for Fiscal Studies W00/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Lambert, Peter J., 2002. "Progressivity comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 99-122, October.
- Claudio A Agostini & BÃ¡rbara Flores & Claudia Martinez, 2011. "Equidad Tributaria Horizontal en el Impuesto al Ingreso en Chile," Working Papers, Adolfo IbÃ¡Ã±ez University, School of Government wp_012, Adolfo IbÃ¡Ã±ez University, School of Government.
- John Bishop & K. Chow & John Formby & Chih-Chin Ho, 1997. "Did Tax Reform Reduce Actual US Progressivity? Evidence from the Taxpayer Compliance Measurement Program," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 177-197, May.
- Corrado Benassi & Alessandra Chirco, 2006. "Income Share Elasticity and Stochastic Dominance," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 511-525, June.
- Arnaldur SÃ¶lvi KristjÃ¡nsson & Peter J. Lambert, 2012. "Structural Progression Measures for Dual Income Tax Systems," Working Papers 269, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.