Choice problems with a 'reference' point
AbstractIn many decision scenarios, one has to choose an element from a set S given some reference point e. For the case where S is a subset of the Euclidean space , we axiomatize the choice method that selects the point in S that is closet to e.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Mathematical Social Sciences.
Volume (Year): 37 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565
Other versions of this item:
- A. Rubinstein & L. Zhou, 1998. "Choice Problems with a "Reference" Point," Princeton Economic Theory Papers, Economics Department, Princeton University 00s3, Economics Department, Princeton University.
- Rubinstein, A. & Zhou, L., 1997. "Choice Problems with a "Reference" Point," Papers, Tel Aviv 28-97, Tel Aviv.
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Farina & Eugenio Peluso & Ernesto Savaglio, 2005. "Ranking opportunity sets in the space of functionings," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 105-116, January.
- Sudhölter, Peter & Zarzuelo, José M., 2013.
"Extending the Nash solution to choice problems with reference points,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 219-228.
- SudhÃ¶lter, Peter & Zarzuelo, JosÃ© M., 2012. "Extending the Nash solution to choice problems with reference points," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 13/2012, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Naumova, N. I., 2002. "Nonsymmetric equal sacrifice solutions for claim problem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ballester, 2009.
"A theory of reference-dependent behavior,"
Economic Theory, Springer,
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 427-455, September.
- JosÃ© ApesteguÃa & Miguel A. Ballester, 2004. "A Theory Of Reference-Dependent Beavior," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra, Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra 0402, Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2007. "A theory of reference-dependent behavior," Economics Working Papers 1056, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2007. "A Theory of Reference-Dependent Behavior," Working Papers 323, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- M. Voorneveld & A. Nouweland & R. McLean, 2011. "Axiomatizations of the Euclidean compromise solution," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 427-448, August.
- Forgo, F. & Szidarovszky, F., 2003. "On the relation between the Nash bargaining solution and the weighting method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 108-116, May.
- BOSSERT, Walter & SUZUMURA, Kotaro, 2006.
"Non-Deteriorating Choice without Full Transitivity,"
Cahiers de recherche, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ
10-2006, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- BOSSERT, Walter & SUZUMURA, Kotaro, 2006. "Non-Deteriorating Choice without Full Transitivity," Cahiers de recherche, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques 2006-13, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Carvajal, Andres & Ray, Indrajit & Snyder, Susan, 2004. "Equilibrium behavior in markets and games: testable restrictions and identification," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-40, February.
- Voorneveld, Mark & van den Nouweland, Anne & McLean, Rich, 2008. "An axiomatization of the Euclidean compromise solution," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 703, Stockholm School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.