Alternative characterizations of the proportional solution for nonconvex bargaining problems with claims
AbstractThree alternative characterizations of the proportional solution defined on compact and comprehensive bargaining problems with claims are provided. Two new contraction-type and expansion-type axioms are used. Moreover, the single-valuedness axiom is dispensable if the classical symmetry axiom is imposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 108 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Bargaining problems Claims point Proportional solution Nonconvexity Solidarity axioms;
Other versions of this item:
- Lombardi, Michele & Yoshihara, Naoki, 2008. "Alternative Characterizations of the Proportional Solution for Nonconvex Bargaining Problems with Claims," Discussion Paper Series a501, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chun, Y. & Thomson, W., 1989.
"Bargaining Problems With Claims,"
RCER Working Papers
189, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Marco Mariotti, 1998. "Nash bargaining theory when the number of alternatives can be finite," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 413-421.
- Ehud Kalai, 1977.
"Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons,"
179, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kalai, Ehud, 1977. "Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1623-30, October.
- Yoshihara, Naoki, 2003.
"Characterizations of bargaining solutions in production economies with unequal skills,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 256-285, February.
- Naoki Yoshihara, 2000. "Characterizations of Bargaining Solutions in Production Economies with Unequal Skills," Discussion Paper Series a396, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Thomson, W., 1989.
"Cooperative Models Of Bargaining,"
RCER Working Papers
177, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Thomson, William, 1994. "Cooperative models of bargaining," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 35, pages 1237-1284 Elsevier.
- Kalai, Ehud & Smorodinsky, Meir, 1975. "Other Solutions to Nash's Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(3), pages 513-18, May.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Xu, Yongsheng & Yoshihara, Naoki, 2006. "Alternative characterizations of three bargaining solutions for nonconvex problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 86-92, October.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-39, May.
- Mariotti, Marco, 1999.
"Fair Bargains: Distributive Justice and Nash Bargaining Theory,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 733-41, July.
- Marco Mariotti, 1998. "Fair Bargains: Distributive Justice and Nash Bargaining Theory," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 98/16, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Feb 1998.
- Xu, Yongsheng & Yoshihara, Naoki, 2011.
"Proportional Nash solutions - A new and procedural analysis of nonconvex bargaining problems,"
Discussion Paper Series
552, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Xu, Yongsheng & Yoshihara, Naoki, 2011. "Proportional Nash solutions - A new and procedural analysis of nonconvex bargaining problems," CCES Discussion Paper Series 42, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.