Regret, Valuation, and Inaction Inertia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
Volume (Year): 87 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arkes, Hal R. & Blumer, Catherine, 1985. "The psychology of sunk cost," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 124-140, February.
- Zeelenberg, Marcel & Beattie, Jane, 1997. "Consequences of Regret Aversion 2: Additional Evidence for Effects of Feedback on Decision Making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 63-78, October.
- Zeelenberg, M., 1999. "The use of crying over spilled milk: A note on the rationality and functionality of regret," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80655, Tilburg University.
- Butler, Adam & Highhouse, Scott, 2000. "Deciding to sell: The effect of prior inaction and offer source," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 223-232, June.
- Dholakia, Utpal M. & Gopinath, Mahesh & Bagozzi, Richard P., 2005. "The role of desires in sequential impulsive choices," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 179-194, November.
- Zeelenberg, Marcel & Nijstad, Bernard A. & van Putten, Marijke & van Dijk, Eric, 2006. "Inaction inertia, regret, and valuation: A closer look," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 89-104, September.
- van Dijk, Eric & Zeelenberg, Marcel, 2005. "On the psychology of `if only': Regret and the comparison between factual and counterfactual outcomes," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 152-160, July.
- Francesco Marcatto & Donatella Ferrante, 2008. "The Regret/Disappointment Scale: An instrument for assessing regret and disappointment in decision making," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 87-99, January.
- Kumar, Piyush, 2004. "The effects of social comparison on inaction inertia," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 175-185, November.
- van Putten, Marijke & Zeelenberg, Marcel & van Dijk, Eric, 2013. "How consumers deal with missed discounts: Transaction decoupling, action orientation and inaction inertia," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 104-110.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.