Measuring food insecurity: the frequency and severity of "coping strategies"
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 21 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feleke, Shiferaw T. & Kilmer, Richard L. & Gladwin, Christina H., 2003. "Determinants Of Food Security In Southern Ethiopia," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22010, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bhatta, Kiran Prasad & Ishida, Akira & Taniguchi, Kenji & Sharma, Raksha, 2008. "Does Kitchen Garden and Backyard Livestock Farming Help Combat Food Insecurity?," MPRA Paper 40958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin Davis, 2002. "Is it possible to avoid a lemon? Reflections on choosing a poverty mapping method," Working Papers 02-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Christiaensen, Luc J. & Boisvert, Richard N. & Hoddinott, John, 2000. "Validating operational food insecurity indicators against a dynamic benchmark : evidence from Mali," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2471, The World Bank.
- Maria S. Floro & Ranjula Bali Swain, 2010.
"Food Security, Gender and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households,"
2010-20, American University, Department of Economics.
- Floro, Maria Sagrario & Bali Swain, Ranjula, 2013. "Food Security, Gender, and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 89-99.
- Maria Floro & Ranjula Bali Swain, 2010. "Food Security, Gender and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households," Working Papers 2010-06, American University, Department of Economics.
- Kinuthia, Emmanuel K., 2010. "The Effects Of The International Smallgroup And Tree Planting Program On Household Income In Nyeri District, Kenya," Research Theses 117709, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Edeh, Hyacinth Onuorah & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2014. "Determinants of Change and Household Responses to Food Insecurity: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169750, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Courtney Gallaher & John Kerr & Mary Njenga & Nancy Karanja & Antoinette WinklerPrins, 2013. "Urban agriculture, social capital, and food security in the Kibera slums of Nairobi, Kenya," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, September.
- Diakosavvas, Dimitris & Green, Christopher J., 1998. "Assessing the Impact on Food Security of Alternative Compensatory Financing Schemes: A Simulation Approach with an Application to India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1251-1265, July.
- Smith, Lisa C. & El Obeid, Amani E. & Jensen, Helen H., 2000. "The geography and causes of food insecurity in developing countries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 199-215, March.
- Cole, Steven M. & Tembo, Gelson, 2011. "The effect of food insecurity on mental health: Panel evidence from rural Zambia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(7), pages 1071-1079.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Suardi, Sandy, 2013. "Is there a role for caste and religion in food security policy? A look at rural India," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 58-69.
- Andres, L. & Lebailly, Ph., 2013. "The coping strategies to fight against the food insecurity in the Republic of Niger," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149932, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Smith, Lisa C. & Obeid, Amani E. El & Jensen, Helen H., 2000. "The geography and causes of food insecurity in developing countries," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 22(2), March.
- Pierre Janin & Charles-Edouard De Suremain, 2012. "L'insécurité alimentaire : dimensions, contextes et enjeux," Post-Print ird-00735028, HAL.
- Maxwell, Daniel & Caldwell, Richard & Langworthy, Mark, 2008. "Measuring food insecurity: Can an indicator based on localized coping behaviors be used to compare across contexts?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 533-540, December.
- Bashir, Muhammad Khalid & Schilizzi, Steven & Pandit, Ram, 2012. "Food Security and Its Determinants at the Crossroads in Punjab, Pakistan," Working Papers 126033, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Benjamin Davis, 2002. "Is it Possible to Avoid a Lemon? Reflections on Choosing a Poverty Mapping Method," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 08, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Bashir, Muhammad Khalid & Schilizzi, Steven & Pandit, Ram, 2012. "The Determinants of Rural Household Food Security in the Punjab, Pakistan: An Econometric Analysis," Working Papers 122526, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.