African evidence on the relation of poverty, time preference and the environment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duraiappah, Anantha K., 1998. "Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2169-2179, December.
- Eele, Graham, 1994. "Indicators for food security and nutrition monitoring: A review of experience from Southern Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 314-328, June.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1996. "Fairness, stewardship and sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 11-17, October.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808, October.
- Lutz, Ernst & Munasinghe, Mohan, 1994. "Integration of environmental concerns into economic analyses of projects and policies in an operational context," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-46, May.
- Gowdy, John M. & McDaniel, Carl N., 1995. "One world, one experiment: addressing the biodiversity--economics conflict," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 181-192, December.
- Lumley, Sarah, 1997. "The environment and the ethics of discounting: An empirical analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-82, January.
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- Rabl, Ari, 1996. "Discounting of long-term costs: What would future generations prefer us to do?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 137-145, June.
- Corbett, Jane, 1988. "Famine and household coping strategies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1099-1112, September.
- Broad, Robin, 1994. "The poor and the environment: Friends or foes?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 811-822, June.
- Pasek, Joanna, 1992. "Obligations to future generations: A philosophical note," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 513-521, April.
- Beckerman, Wilfred, 1992. "Economic growth and the environment: Whose growth? whose environment?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 481-496, April.
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828, February.
- Reardon, Thomas & Vosti, Stephen A., 1995. "Links between rural poverty and the environment in developing countries: Asset categories and investment poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1495-1506, September.
- Martinez-Alier, J., 1995. "The environment as a luxury good or "too poor to be green"?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-10, April.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey Carpenter, 2008.
"Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 311-338.
- Jeffery Carpenter & Juan Camilo Cardenas, 2006. "Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from field labs in the developing world," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0616, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey P. Carpenter, 2005. "Experiments and Economic Development: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0505, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Basu, Amrita & Nayak, Narayan Chandra, 2011. "Underlying causes of forest cover change in Odisha, India," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(7), pages 563-569, September.
- Sonja S. Teelucksingh & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2010. "Biodiversity Valuation in Developing Countries: A Focus on Small Island Developing States (SIDS)," Working Papers 2010.111, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Raffinot, Marc & Venet, Baptiste, 2011.
"The Curse of the Elders? Aid Effectiveness and Gerontocracy in Developing Countries,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/5745, Paris Dauphine University.
- Marc Raffinot & Baptiste Venet, 2011. "The Curse of the Elders? Aid Effectiveness and Gerontocracy in Developing Countries," Working Papers DT/2011/03, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Karapetyan, Deanna & d'Adda, Giovanna, 2014. "Determinants of conservation among the rural poor: A charitable contribution experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 74-87.
- Carr, Edward R., 2006. "Postmodern conceptualizations, modernist applications: Rethinking the role of society in food security," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 14-29, February.
- Louise S. L. Teh & Lydia C. L. Teh & U. Rashid Sumaila, 2011. "Low Discounting Behavior among Small-Scale Fishers in Fiji and Sabah, Malaysia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(6), pages 897-913, June.
- Angelucci, Federica & Conforti, Piero, 2010. "Risk management and finance along value chains of Small Island Developing States. Evidence from the Caribbean and the Pacific," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 565-575, December.
- Opschoor, J.B., 2007. "Environment and Poverty: Perspectives, Propositions, Policies," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18757, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Bekele, Wagayehu & Drake, Lars, 2003. "Soil and water conservation decision behavior of subsistence farmers in the Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia: a case study of the Hunde-Lafto area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 437-451, October.
- Holden, Stein, 2013. "High discount rates: - An artifact caused by poorly framed experiments or a result of people being poor and vulnerable?," CLTS Working Papers 8/13, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- World Bank, 2003. "Nigeria Poverty : Environmental Linkages in the Natural Resource Sector - Empirical Evidence from Nigerian Case Studies with Policy Implications and Recommendations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14612, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.