Is more information always better: Experimental financial markets with cumulative information
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 65 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Shiller, 2003.
"From Efficient Markets Theory to Behavioral Finance,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 83-104, Winter.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2002. "From Efficient Market Theory to Behavioral Finance," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1385, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- HELLWIG, Martin F., .
"Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: a mean-variance example,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-480, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hellwig, Martin F., 1982. "Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: A mean-variance example," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 279-312, April.
- R. Mehra & E. Prescott, 2010.
"The equity premium: a puzzle,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1401, David K. Levine.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis and Its Critics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 59-82, Winter.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Howe, John S, 1990. " Insider Trading in the OTC Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1273-84, September.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Copeland, Thomas E & Friedman, Daniel, 1992. "The Market Value of Information: Some Experimental Results," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 241-66, April.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1981. "Information aggregation in a noisy rational expectations economy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 221-235, September.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- Leslie A. Jeng & Andrew Metrick & Richard Zeckhauser, 2003. "Estimating the Returns to Insider Trading: A Performance-Evaluation Perspective," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 453-471, May.
- Jan Pieter Krahnen & Christian Rieck & Erik Theissen, 1999.
"Insider Trading and Portfolio Structure in Experimental Asset Markets with a Long Lived Asset,"
Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting
1, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- J. P. Krahnen & C. Rieck & E. Theissen, 1999. "Insider trading and portfolio structure in experimental asset markets with a long-lived asset," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 29-50.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Tauman, Yair & Zamir, Shmuel, 1990. "On the value of information in a strategic conflict," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 129-153, June.
- Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K. & Zhang, Ping, 2002. "Market behavior in the presence of divergent and imperfect private information: experimental evidence from Canada, China, and the United States," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 435-450, April.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Lee, Inmoo, 2001. "Are Insider Trades Informative?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 79-111.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "Passive Investment Strategies and Efficient Markets," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 1-10.
- David Hirshleifer, 2001.
"Investor Psychology and Asset Pricing,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(4), pages 1533-1597, 08.
- Michael Kirchler, 2008. "It is hard to beat the Monkeys - On the Value of Asymmetric Fundamental Information in Asset Markets," Working Papers 2008-19, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Thomas St?ckl & Michael Kirchler, 2010. "Trading strategies and trading profits in experimental asset markets with cumulative information," Working Papers 2010-09, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Steven Tucker & Charles Noussair & Charles N. Noussair & Steven Tucker, 2013.
"Experimental Research On Asset Pricing,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 554-569, 07.
- Carlo Marinelli & Alex Weissensteiner, 2013. "On the relation between forecast precision and trading profitability of financial analysts," Papers 1301.6638, arXiv.org.
- Kirchler, Michael & Huber, Jürgen, 2009. "An exploration of commonly observed stylized facts with data from experimental asset markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1631-1658.
- Kirchler, Michael, 2009. "Underreaction to fundamental information and asymmetry in mispricing between bullish and bearish markets. An experimental study," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 491-506, February.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Schmeling, Maik & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2013.
"Overconfidence, experience, and professionalism: An experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 92-101.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Maik Schmeling & Ulrich Schmidt, 2010. "Overconfidence, Experience, and Professionalism: An Experimental Study," Kiel Working Papers 1612, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Giovanni Ferri & Andrea Morone, 2008.
"The Effect of Rating Agencies on Herd Behaviour,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2008_21, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- J. B. Satinover & D. Sornette, 2007. "”Illusion of control” in Time-Horizon Minority and Parrondo Games," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 60(3), pages 369-384, December.
- Florian Hauser & Bob Kaempff, 2013. "Evolution of trading strategies in a market with heterogeneously informed agents," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 575-607, July.
- Simone Alfarano & Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Eva Camacho-Cuena, 2006. "On the role of heterogeneous and imperfect information in a laboratory financial market," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 417-433, December.
- Yuan Ding & Thomas Jeanjean & Cédric Lesage & Hervé Stolowy, 2009. "An Experiment in the Economic Consequences of Additional Disclosure: The Case of the Fair Value of Unlisted Equity Investments," Post-Print halshs-00458950, HAL.
- Douglas Davis & Edward S. Prescott & Oleg Korenok, 2011. "An experimental analysis of contingent capital triggering mechanisms," Working Paper 11-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Gloede, Oliver & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2011. "Financial professionals' overconfidence:Is it experience, function, or attitude?," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-428, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kirchler, Michael, 2010. "Partial knowledge is a dangerous thing - On the value of asymmetric fundamental information in asset markets," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 643-658, August.
- Huber, Jurgen, 2007. "`J'-shaped returns to timing advantage in access to information - Experimental evidence and a tentative explanation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2536-2572, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.