Is more information always better: Experimental financial markets with cumulative information
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 65 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1981. "Information aggregation in a noisy rational expectations economy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 221-235, September.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Howe, John S, 1990. " Insider Trading in the OTC Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1273-84, September.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- repec:pri:cepsud:111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "Passive Investment Strategies and Efficient Markets," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 1-10.
- Copeland, Thomas E & Friedman, Daniel, 1992. "The Market Value of Information: Some Experimental Results," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 241-66, April.
- Leslie A. Jeng & Andrew Metrick & Richard Zeckhauser, 2003. "Estimating the Returns to Insider Trading: A Performance-Evaluation Perspective," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 453-471, May.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2003.
"From Efficient Markets Theory to Behavioral Finance,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 83-104, Winter.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2002. "From Efficient Market Theory to Behavioral Finance," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1385, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis and Its Critics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 59-82, Winter.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Hirshleifer, David, 2001.
"Investor Psychology and Asset Pricing,"
5300, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Tauman, Yair & Zamir, Shmuel, 1990. "On the value of information in a strategic conflict," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 129-153, June.
- Jan Pieter Krahnen & Christian Rieck & Erik Theissen, 1999.
"Insider Trading and Portfolio Structure in Experimental Asset Markets with a Long Lived Asset,"
Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting
1, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- J. P. Krahnen & C. Rieck & E. Theissen, 1999. "Insider trading and portfolio structure in experimental asset markets with a long-lived asset," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 29-50.
- HELLWIG, Martin F., .
"Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: a mean-variance example,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-480, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hellwig, Martin F., 1982. "Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: A mean-variance example," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 279-312, April.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K. & Zhang, Ping, 2002. "Market behavior in the presence of divergent and imperfect private information: experimental evidence from Canada, China, and the United States," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 435-450, April.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Lee, Inmoo, 2001. "Are Insider Trades Informative?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 79-111.
- R. Mehra & E. Prescott, 2010.
"The equity premium: a puzzle,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1401, David K. Levine.
- Yuan Ding & Thomas Jeanjean & Cédric Lesage & Hervé Stolowy, 2009. "An Experiment in the Economic Consequences of Additional Disclosure: The Case of the Fair Value of Unlisted Equity Investments," Post-Print halshs-00458950, HAL.
- Andrea Morone & Giovanni Ferri, 2008.
"The Effect of Rating Agencies on Herd Behaviour,"
0022, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Metodi Matematici - Università di Bari, revised Nov 2008.
- Kirchler, Michael, 2010. "Partial knowledge is a dangerous thing - On the value of asymmetric fundamental information in asset markets," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 643-658, August.
- Thomas St?ckl & Michael Kirchler, 2010. "Trading strategies and trading profits in experimental asset markets with cumulative information," Working Papers 2010-09, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Florian Hauser & Bob Kaempff, 2013. "Evolution of trading strategies in a market with heterogeneously informed agents," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 575-607, July.
- Simone Alfarano & Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Eva Camacho-Cuena, 2006. "On the role of heterogeneous and imperfect information in a laboratory financial market," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 417-433, December.
- Carlo Marinelli & Alex Weissensteiner, 2013. "On the relation between forecast precision and trading profitability of financial analysts," Papers 1301.6638, arXiv.org.
- Gloede, Oliver & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2011. "Financial professionals' overconfidence:Is it experience, function, or attitude?," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-428, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Douglas Davis & Edward S. Prescott & Oleg Korenok, 2011. "An experimental analysis of contingent capital triggering mechanisms," Working Paper 11-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Huber, Jurgen, 2007. "`J'-shaped returns to timing advantage in access to information - Experimental evidence and a tentative explanation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2536-2572, August.
- Michael Kirchler, 2008. "It is hard to beat the Monkeys - On the Value of Asymmetric Fundamental Information in Asset Markets," Working Papers 2008-19, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Kirchler, Michael, 2009. "Underreaction to fundamental information and asymmetry in mispricing between bullish and bearish markets. An experimental study," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 491-506, February.
- J. B. Satinover & D. Sornette, 2007. "”Illusion of control” in Time-Horizon Minority and Parrondo Games," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 60(3), pages 369-384, December.
- Kirchler, Michael & Huber, Jürgen, 2009. "An exploration of commonly observed stylized facts with data from experimental asset markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1631-1658.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.