Confidence intervals for probabilities of default
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 30 (2006)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bangia, Anil & Diebold, Francis X. & Kronimus, Andre & Schagen, Christian & Schuermann, Til, 2002.
"Ratings migration and the business cycle, with application to credit portfolio stress testing,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 445-474, March.
- Anil Bangia & Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann, 2000. "Ratings Migration and the Business Cycle, With Application to Credit Portfolio Stress Testing," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania 00-26, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jafry, Yusuf & Schuermann, Til, 2004. "Measurement, estimation and comparison of credit migration matrices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2603-2639, November.
- Vos, Paul W. & Hudson, Suzanne, 2005. "Evaluation Criteria for Discrete Confidence Intervals: Beyond Coverage and Length," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 59, pages 137-142, May.
- Pamela Nickell & William Perraudin & Simone Varotto, 2001.
"Stability of ratings transitions,"
Bank of England working papers
133, Bank of England.
- Christensen, Jens H.E. & Hansen, Ernst & Lando, David, 2004. "Confidence sets for continuous-time rating transition probabilities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2575-2602, November.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-24, January.
- Treacy, William F. & Carey, Mark, 2000. "Credit risk rating systems at large US banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 167-201, January.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, 09.
- Altman, Edward I. & Rijken, Herbert A., 2004. "How rating agencies achieve rating stability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2679-2714, November.
- Lopez, Jose A. & Saidenberg, Marc R., 2000.
"Evaluating credit risk models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 151-165, January.
- Andre GÃ¼ttler & Peter Raupach, 2010. "The Impact of Downward Rating Momentum," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance,
now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports, Federal Reserve Bank of New York 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Smith, Brent C, 2011. "Stability in consumer credit scores: Level and direction of FICO score drift as a precursor to mortgage default and prepayment," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 285-298.
- Orth, Walter, 2011. "Default probability estimation in small samples - with an application to sovereign bonds," MPRA Paper 33778, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henry Dannenberg, 2011. "The Importance of Estimation Uncertainty in a Multi-Rating Class Loan Portfolio," IWH Discussion Papers, Halle Institute for Economic Research 11, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Orth, Walter, 2013. "Multi-period credit default prediction with time-varying covariates," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 214-222.
- Tarashev, Nikola, 2010.
"Measuring portfolio credit risk correctly: Why parameter uncertainty matters,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2065-2076, September.
- Nikola Tarashev, 2009. "Measuring portfolio credit risk correctly: why parameter uncertainty matters," BIS Working Papers 280, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mahlmann, Thomas, 2006. "Estimation of rating class transition probabilities with incomplete data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 3235-3256, November.
- Rodriguez, Adolfo & Trucharte, Carlos, 2007. "Loss coverage and stress testing mortgage portfolios: A non-parametric approach," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 342-367, December.
- Stefanescu, Catalina & Tunaru, Radu & Turnbull, Stuart, 2009. "The credit rating process and estimation of transition probabilities: A Bayesian approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 216-234, March.
- Henry Dannenberg, 2009. "BerÃ¼cksichtigung von SchÃ¤tzunsicherheit bei der Kreditrisikobewertung: Vergleich des Value at Risk der Verlustverteilung des Kreditrisikos bei Verwendung von Bootstrapping und einem asymptotischen A," IWH Discussion Papers, Halle Institute for Economic Research 3, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Dimitris Gavalas & Theodore Syriopoulos, 2014. "Bank Credit Risk Management and Rating Migration Analysis on the Business Cycle," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 122-143, March.
- Livingston, Miles & Naranjo, Andy & Zhou, Lei, 2008. "Split bond ratings and rating migration," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1613-1624, August.
- Samuel Hanson & M. Hashem Pesaran & Til Schuermann, 2005.
"Firm Heterogeneity and Credit Risk Diversification,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1531, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hanson, Samuel G. & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Schuermann, Til, 2008. "Firm heterogeneity and credit risk diversification," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 583-612, September.
- Orth, Walter, 2011. "Multi-period credit default prediction with time-varying covariates," MPRA Paper 30507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Güttler, André & Raupach, Peter, 2008. "The impact of downward rating momentum on credit portfolio risk," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,16, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Schechtman, Ricardo, 2013. "Default matrices: A complete measurement of banksâ€™ consumer credit delinquency," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 460-474.
- VerÃ³nica P. RodrÃguez VÃ¡zquez & Japhet HernÃ¡ndez Vaquero, 2013. "Matriz de probabilidad de transiciÃ³n de microcrÃ©ditos: el caso de una microfinanciera mexicana," Estudios EconÃ³micos, El Colegio de MÃ©xico, Centro de Estudios EconÃ³micos, El Colegio de MÃ©xico, Centro de Estudios EconÃ³micos, vol. 28(1), pages 39-77.
- Yi-Ping Chang & Chih-Tun Yu, 2014. "Bayesian confidence intervals for probability of default and asset correlation of portfolio credit risk," Computational Statistics, Springer, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 331-361, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.