Preemption and rent dissipation under price competition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 22 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pankaj Ghemawat, 1997. "Games Businesses Play: Cases and Models," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262071827, December.
- Judith R. Gelman & Steven C. Salop, 1983. "Judo Economics: Capacity Limitation and Coupon Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 315-325, Autumn.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994.
"Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand- Engeworth Approach,"
9483, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Dan Kovenock & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Beth Allen, 2000. "Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth approach," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 501-530.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1062, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1995. "Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: a Bertrand-Edgeworth approach," Staff Report 187, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry:A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach," Industrial Organization 9411002, EconWPA, revised 14 Nov 1994.
- B. Curtis Eaton & Richard G. Lipsey, 1980.
"Capital, Commitment, and Entry Equilibrium,"
397, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Richard J. Gilbert & Richard G. Harris, 1984.
"Competition with Lumpy Investment,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 197-212, Summer.
- Gilbert, Richard J & Newbery, David M G, 1982. "Preemptive Patenting and the Persistence of Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 514-26, June.
- Leahy, John V, 1993. "Investment in Competitive Equilibrium: The Optimality of Myopic Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(4), pages 1105-33, November.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-27, August.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1987. "Understanding Rent Dissipation: On the Use of Game Theory in Industrial Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 176-83, May.
- Jacco J.J. Thijssen, . "Equilibria in Continuous Time Preemption Games with Markovian Payoffs," Discussion Papers 11/17, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Mason, Robin & Weeds, Helen, 2010. "Investment, uncertainty and pre-emption," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 278-287, May.
- Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 2013. "Strategic Capacity Investment Under uncertainty," Discussion Paper 2013-003, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gollier, Christian & Proult, David & Thais, Francoise & Walgenwitz, Gilles, 2005.
"Choice of nuclear power investments under price uncertainty: Valuing modularity,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 667-685, July.
- Gollier, Christian, 2004. "Choice of Nuclear Power Investments under Price Uncertainty: Valuing Modularity," IDEI Working Papers 287, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian & Proult, David & Thais, Françoise & Walgenwitz, Gilles, 2004. "Choice of Nuclear Power Investments ander Price Uncertainty: Valuing Modularity," IDEI Working Papers 270, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Thomas Fagart, 2014. "Markovian Equilibrium in a Model of Investment Under Imperfect Competition," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01020398, HAL.
- Bruno Versaevel, 2009.
"Cumulative Leadership and Entry Dynamics,"
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J. & Huisman, Kuno J.M. & Kort, Peter M., 2012.
"Symmetric equilibrium strategies in game theoretic real option models,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 219-225.
- Thijssen, J.J.J. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 2002. "Symmetric Equilibrium Strategies in Game Theoretical Real Option Models," Discussion Paper 2002-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Besanko, David & Doraszelski, Ulrich & Lu, Lauren Xiaoyuan & Satterthwaite, Mark, 2010. "On the role of demand and strategic uncertainty in capacity investment and disinvestment dynamics," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 383-389, July.
- Thomas Fagart, 2014. "Markovian Equilibrium in a Model of Investment Under Imperfect Competition," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14039, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- BOBTCHEFF Catherine, 2008. "Real Options and Technology Choice under Bertrand Competition," LERNA Working Papers 08.16.260, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.