Dynamic translog and linear logit models: a factor demand analysis of interfuel substitution in US industrial energy demand
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Considine, Timothy J., 1989. "Separability, functional form and regulatory policy in models of interfuel substitution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 82-94, April.
- Anderson, G J & Blundell, R W, 1982. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Dynamic Singular Equation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1559-71, November.
- Treadway, Arthur B, 1971. "The Rational Multivariate Flexible Accelerator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 845-55, September.
- Considine, Timothy J, 1990. "Symmetry Constraints and Variable Returns to Scale in Logit Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 347-53, July.
- Arnold Zellner & Hang Ryu, 1998. "Alternative functional forms for production, cost and returns to scale functions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 101-127.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Segerson, Kathleen, 1986. "Singularity and Auotregressive Disturbances in Linear Logit Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 4(2), pages 161-69, April.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1975. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Singular Equation Systems with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 937-57, Sept.-Nov.
- Allen, Chris & Urga, Giovanni, 1999. "Interrelated Factor Demands from Dynamic Cost Functions: An Application to the Non-energy Business Sector of the UK Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(263), pages 403-13, August.
- Considine, Timothy J & Mount, Timothy D, 1984. "The Use of Linear Logit Models for Dynamic Input Demand Systems," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 434-43, August.
- Jones, Clifton T, 1995. "A Dynamic Analysis of Interfuel Substitution in U.S. Industrial Energy Demand," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(4), pages 459-65, October.
- Gagne, Robert & Ouellette, Pierre, 1998. "On the Choice of Functional Forms: Summary of a Monte Carlo Experiment," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(1), pages 118-24, January.
- Anderson, Gordon & Blundell, Richard, 1983. "Testing Restrictions in a Flexible Dynamic Demand System: An Application to Consumers' Expenditure in Canada," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 397-410, July.
- Banda, Benjamin M. & Hassan, Rashid M., 2011. "Inter-fuel substitution and dynamic adjustment in input demand: Implications for deforestation and carbon emission in Malawi," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), March.
- Hossein Mirshojaeian Hosseini & Shinji Kaneko, 2013.
"Fuel Conservation Effect of Energy Subsidy Reform in Iran,"
IDEC DP2 Series
3-1, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Hossein Mirshojaeian Hosseini & Shinji Kaneko, 2013. "Fuel Conservation Effect of Energy Subsidy Reform in Iran," Working Papers 3-1, University of Tehran, Economics Faculty.
- Skjerpen, Terje, 2005. "The dynamic factor demand model revisited: The identification problem remains," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 157-166, November.
- K. Narayanan & Santosh Kumar Sahu, 2010. "Labour and Energy Intensity: A Study of Pulp & Paper Industries in India," Working Papers id:3101, eSocialSciences.
- Andersen, Trude Berg & Nilsen, Odd Bjarte & Tveteras, Ragnar, 2011. "How is demand for natural gas determined across European industrial sectors?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5499-5508, September.
- repec:eut:wpaper:01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beckman, Jayson & Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wallace, 2011. "Validating energy-oriented CGE models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 799-806, September.
- Bölük, Gülden & Koç, A. Ali, 2010. "Electricity demand of manufacturing sector in Turkey: A translog cost approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 609-615, May.
- Bashmakov, Igor, 2007. "Three laws of energy transitions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3583-3594, July.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Timilsina, Govinda R. & Vasetsky, Olexandr, 2010. "Interfuel substitution in the United States," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 737-745, May.
- Azam Chaudhry, 2010. "A Panel Data Analysis of Electricity Demand in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(Special E), pages 75-106, September.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2010. "Modelling energy demand of developing countries: Are the specific features adequately captured?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1979-1990, April.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Asghar, 2008. "Semi-nonparametric estimates of interfuel substitution in U.S. energy demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2123-2133, September.
- Kieran McQuinn, 2005. "Dynamic Factor Demands in a Changing Economy - An Irish Application," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 36(2), pages 109-126.
- Thompson, Henry, 2006. "The applied theory of energy substitution in production," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 410-425, July.
- Rigoberto Ariel Yepez-Garcia & Todd M. Johnson & Luis Alberto Andres, 2011. "Meeting the Balance of Electricity Supply and Demand in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2334, August.
- Steinbuks, Jevgenijs & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2014. "Assessing energy price induced improvements in efficiency of capital in OECD manufacturing industries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6929, The World Bank.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Timilsina, Govinda & Vasetsky, Olexandr, 2009. "On interfuel substitution : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5026, The World Bank.
- Lijesen, Mark G., 2007. "The real-time price elasticity of electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 249-258, March.
- Khayyat, Nabaz T. & Heshmati, Almas, 2014.
"Production Risk, Energy Use Efficiency and Productivity of Korean Industries,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
359, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Khayyat, Nabaz T. & Heshmati, Almas, 2014. "Production Risk, Energy Use Efficiency and Productivity of Korean Industries," IZA Discussion Papers 8081, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mc Quinn, Kieran, 2003. "Dynamic Factor Demands in a Changing Economy: An Irish Application," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/03, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Terje Skjerpen, 2004. "The dynamic factor model revisited: the identification problem remains," Discussion Papers 369, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Kurt Kratena & Michael Wüger, 2003. "The Role of Technology in Interfuel Substitution: A Combined Cross-Section and Time Series Approach," WIFO Working Papers 204, WIFO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.