Institutional investors, corporate governance and the performance of the corporate sector
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Systems.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/621171
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Malatesta, Paul H. & Walkling, Ralph A., 1996. "Corporate governance and shareholder initiatives: Empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 365-395, November.
- Kaplan, Steven N, 1994. "Top Executive Rewards and Firm Performance: A Comparison of Japan and the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 510-46, June.
- Miles, David, 1993.
"Testing for Short Termisn in the UK Stock Market,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(421), pages 1379-96, November.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Scherer, F M, 1988. "Corporate Takeovers: The Efficiency Arguments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 69-82, Winter.
- Gorton, Gary & Schmid, Frank A., 2000.
"Universal banking and the performance of German firms,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 29-80.
- Gary Gorton & Frank A. Schmid, 1996. "Universal Banking and the Performance of German Firms," NBER Working Papers 5453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989.
"Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1991. "Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60, February.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
NBER Working Papers
5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1993. "The Choice Between Public and Private Debt: An Analysis of Post-Deregulation Corporate Financing in Japan," NBER Working Papers 4421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zingales, Luigi, 1995. "What Determines the Value of Corporate Votes?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1047-73, November.
- Faccio, Mara & Lasfer, M. Ameziane, 2000. "Do occupational pension funds monitor companies in which they hold large stakes?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 71-110, March.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Hawkins, Jennifer, 1999. "The motivation and impact of pension fund activism," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 293-340, June.
- McConnell, John J. & Muscarella, Chris J., 1985. "Corporate capital expenditure decisions and the market value of the firm," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 399-422, September.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jarrell, Gregg A & Brickley, James A & Netter, Jeffry M, 1988. "The Market for Corporate Control: The Empirical Evidence Since 1980," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 49-68, Winter.
- Paul Clyde, 1997. "Do institutional shareholders police management?," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-10.
- Firth, Michael A, 1976. "The Impact of Earnings Announcements on the Share Price Behaviour of Similar Type Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 296-306, June.
- Grier, Paul & Zychowicz, Edward J., 1994. "Institutional investors, corporate discipline, and the role of debt," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Edwards,Jeremy & Fischer,Klaus, 1996. "Banks, Finance and Investment in Germany," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521566087, December.
- Elston, Julie Ann, 1996.
"Investment, Liquidity Constraints and Bank Relationships: Evidence from German Manufacturing Firms,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Elston, J-A, 1997. "Investment, Liquidity Constaints and Bank Relationships : Evidence from German Manufacturing Firms," Papers 17, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies-.
- Panayotis Kapopoulos & Sophia Lazaretou, 2009.
"Does corporate ownership structure matter for economic growth? A cross-country analysis,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 155-172.
- Panayotis Kapopoulos & Sophia Lazaretou, 2005. "Does Corporate Ownership Structure Matter for Economic Growth? A Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers 21, Bank of Greece.
- Yener Altunbaş & Alper Kara & Adrian van Rixtel, 2007. "Corporate governance and corporate ownership: The investment behaviour of Japanese institutional investors," Banco de Espaï¿½a Occasional Papers 0703, Banco de Espa�a.
- Yawen Hudson & Christopher J. Green, 2013. "Born in the USA? Contagious investor sentiment and UK equity returns," Discussion Paper Series 2013_13, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Nov 2013.
- Nachane, D M & Ghosh, Saibal & Ray, Partha, 2005.
"Bank nominee directors and corporate performance: micro evidence for India,"
1714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nachane, D M & Ghosh, Saibal & Ray, Partha, 2005. "Bank nominee directors and corporate performance: micro evidence for India," MPRA Paper 2707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abhiman Das & Saibal Ghosh, 2004. "Corporate Governance in Banking System: An Empirical Investigation," Industrial Organization 0411004, EconWPA.
- Claude DUPUY (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Matthieu MONTALBAN (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Sylvain MOURA (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Finance and Industrial Dynamics (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-24, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Zandberg, Eelco & Spierdijk, Laura, 2013. "Funding of pensions and economic growth: are they really related?," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 151-167, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.