Pension Funds: Retirement-Income Security and Capital Markets: An International Perspective
AbstractCoping with the ageing of the population without major economic disruption is undoubtedly one of the major challenges facing the global economy and world financial markets both now and for the coming decades. In this context, this book assesses the major economic issues raised by occupational pension funds, as they have arisen in 12 OECD countries---the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, France, Italy, Canada, Australia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands, as well as in Chile and Singapore. Particular emphasis is placed on the performance of funds in financial markets, the influence on funds of fiscal and regulatory conditions, and the consequences of funds' development for capital markets, corporate finance and international investment. The relationship with social security, the comparativ advantages of defined benefit and defined contribution funds and the role of funds in developing countries are also examined in detail.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198293040 and published in 1998.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Eijgenhuijsen & Adrian Buckley, 1999. "An overview of returns in Europe," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 276-297.
- Poonam Puri, 2009. "A Matter of Voice: The Case for Abolishing the 30 percent Rule for Pension Fund Investments," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 283, February.
- Luciano Greco, 2005. "The Optimal Design of Funded Pension Plans: Unbundling Financing and Investment," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0003, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Whitehouse, Edward, 1999.
"The tax treatment of funded pensions,"
Social Protection Discussion Papers
20126, The World Bank.
- Eduardo Siandra, 1998. "Sistemas de pensiones, sus reformas y los mercados de capitales," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0299, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Fabrice Herve, 2002.
"La persistance de la performance des fonds de pension individuels britanniques : une étude empirique sur des fonds investis en actions et des fonds obligataires,"
2002-3, Laboratoire Orléanais de Gestion - université d'Orléans.
- Fabrice Hervé, 2003. "La persistance de la performance des fonds de pension individuels britanniques:une étude empirique sur des fonds investis en actions et des fonds obligataires," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(3), pages 41-77, September.
- Jeannine Bailliu & Helmut Reisen, 1998.
"Do funded pensions contribute to higher aggregate savings? A cross-country analysis,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 692-711, December.
- Jeanine Bailliu & Helmut Reisen, 1997. "Do Funded Pensions Contribute to Higher Aggregate Savings?: A Cross-Country Analysis," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 130, OECD Publishing.
- Robert Holzmann & Robert Palacios & Asta Zviniene, 2001. "On the Economics and Scope of Implicit Pension Debt: An International Perspective," Empirica, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 97-129, March.
- Patrick Honohan, 1995. "The Impact of Financial and Fiscal Policies on Saving," Papers WP059, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:ise:isegwp:wp292008 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Ph. & GAUDEMET, 2001. "The purchase of individual life-annuities: a description of the french institutional setting," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2001-08, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Eduardo Siandra, 1999. "La inversión extranjera de los fondos de pensiones y el desarrollo del mercado de capitales doméstico," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0599, Department of Economics - dECON.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.