Corporate Takeovers: The Efficiency Arguments
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 2 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katz, Jeffrey P. & Katz, Jeffey P. & Simanek, Astrid & Townsend, James B., 1997. "Corporate mergers and acquisitions: One more wave to consider," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 32-40.
- Hagedoorn,John & Duysters,Geert, 2000.
"The Effect of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Technological Performance of Companies in a High-tech Environment,"
010, Maastricht : MERIT, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology.
- Duysters, G. & Hagedoorn, J., 2000. "The effect of mergers and acquisitions on the technological performance of companies in a high-tech environment," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 00.04, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS).
- Davis, E. Philip, 2002. "Institutional investors, corporate governance and the performance of the corporate sector," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 203-229, September.
- Martin H. Wolfson, 1993. "Corporate Restructuring and the Budget Deficit Debate," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 495-520, Fall.
- Fligstein, Neil & Shin, Taek-Jin, 2007. "Shareholder Value and the Transformation of American Industries, 1984-2001," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt4r16k6j6, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Fligstein, Neil & Shin, Taek-Jin, 2005. "Shareholder Value and Changes in American Industries, 1984-2000," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt82j7915n, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Andrew P. Dickerson & Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 1998.
"Takeover Risk and the Market for Corporate Control: The Experience of British Firms in the 1970s and 1980s,"
Studies in Economics
9803, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Dickerson, Andrew P. & Gibson, Heather D. & Tsakalotos, Euclid, 2002. "Takeover risk and the market for corporate control: the experience of British firms in the 1970s and 1980s," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1167-1195, October.
- Kaplan, Steven N & Weisbach, Michael S, 1992.
" The Success of Acquisitions: Evidence from Divestitures,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 107-38, March.
- Steven Kaplan & Michael S. Weisbach, 1992. "The Success of Acquisitions: Evidence From Disvestitures," NBER Working Papers 3484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Polasky, Stephen & Mason, Charles F., 1998. "On the welfare effects of mergers: Short run vs. long run," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-24.
- Chemla, Gilles, 2005. "Hold-Up, Stakeholders and Takeover Threats," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4134, Paris Dauphine University.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Manfredo, Mark R., 2003. "Cooperative Mergers and Acquisitions: The Role of Capital Constraints," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(01), April.
- Bogan, Vicki & Just, David R., 2006.
"What Drives Merger Decision Making Behavior? Don’t Seek, Don’t Find, and Don’t Change Your Mind,"
127046, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Bogan, Vicki & Just, David, 2009. "What drives merger decision making behavior? Don't seek, don't find, and don't change your mind," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 930-943, December.
- Ravid, S. Abraham & Spiegel, Matthew, 1999. "Toehold strategies, takeover laws and rival bidders," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1219-1242, August.
- Baldwin, John R. Beckstead, Desmond Gellatly, Guy Peters, Alice Yates, Janice, 2000. "Patterns of Corporate Diversification in Canada: An Empirical Analysis," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2000150e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Jorge Farinha & Francisco Miranda, 2003. "Run-up, toeholds, and agency effects in mergers and acquisitions: evidence from an emerging market," CEF.UP Working Papers 0311, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Shyam Sunder, 2002. "Extensive Income and Value of the Firm: Who Gets What?," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2607, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jun 2009.
- Chemla, Gilles, 2005. "Hold-up, stakeholders and takeover threats," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 376-397, July.
- K. P. Upadhyaya & F. G. Mixon, 2003. "Merger activity and unemployment in the USA," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(11), pages 705-707.
- Mueller, Holger M & Panunzi, Fausto, 2003. "Tender Offers and Leverage," CEPR Discussion Papers 3964, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.