Central bank independence and economic performance in eastern Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Systems.
Volume (Year): 25 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/621171
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Bilin Neyaptý, 2000. "Central bank Independence and Economic Performance in Eastern Europe," Departmental Working Papers 0007, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-62, May.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-98, September.
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994.
"How independent should a central bank be?,"
Conference Series ; [Proceedings],
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 195-225.
- Prakash Loungani & Nathan Sheets, 1995.
"Central bank independence, inflation and growth in transition economies,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
519, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Loungani, Prakash & Sheets, Nathan, 1997. "Central Bank Independence, Inflation, and Growth in Transition Economies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 381-99, August.
- International Monetary Fund, 1990. "Financial Sector Reform and Central Banking in Centrally Planned Economies," IMF Working Papers 90/120, International Monetary Fund.
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1992. " Taxation, Money, and Credit, in a Liberalizing Socialist Economy," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 97-112.
- Lane, Timothy D., 1992. "Inflation stabilization and economic transformation in Poland: The first year," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 105-155, July.
- Cukierman, A. & Miller, G.P. & Neyapti, B., 2000.
"Central Bank Rerform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies - an International Perspective,"
2000-19, Tel Aviv.
- Cukierman, Alex & Miller, Geoffrey P. & Neyapti, Bilin, 2002. "Central bank reform, liberalization and inflation in transition economies--an international perspective," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 237-264, March.
- Cukierman, A. & Miller, G.P. & Neyapti, B., 2000. "Central Bank Rerform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies - an International Perspective," Papers 00-19, Tel Aviv.
- Cukierman, Alex & Miller, Geoffrey & Neyapti, Bilin, 2001. "Central Bank Reform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies - An International Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 2808, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cukierman, A. & Miller, G.P. & Neyapti, B., 2000. "Central Bank Reform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies: An International Perspective," Discussion Paper 2000-106, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Siklos, Pierre L. & Abel, Istvan, 2002. "Is Hungary ready for inflation targeting?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 309-333, December.
- Förch, Thomas & Sunde, Uwe, 2012. "Central bank independence and stock market returns in emerging economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 77-80.
- Ca' Zorzi, Michele & De Santis, Roberto A., 2003. "The admission of accession countries to an enlarged monetary union: a tentative assessment," Working Paper Series 0216, European Central Bank.
- Bilin Neyapti & Nergiz Dincer, 2004.
"Measuring the Quality of Bank Regulation and Supervision, with an Application to Transition Economies,"
2004/2, Turkish Economic Association.
- Bilin Neyapti & Nergiz Dincer, 2005. "Measuring the Quality of Bank Regulation and Supervision with an Application to Transition Economies," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 79-99, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.