A small sample correction for tests of hypotheses on the cointegrating vectors
AbstractA correction factor, depending on sample size and parameters, is found for the likelihood ratio test for some linear hypotheses on the cointegrating space in a vector autoregressive model, where the adjustment coefficients are known. The main idea is to condition on the common trends when making inference on the cointegrating coefficients in order to calculate the Bartlett correction factor. Some simulation experiments illustrate the findings.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 111 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Other versions of this item:
- Johansen, S., 1999. "A Small Sample Correction for Tests of Hypotheses on the Cointegrating Vectors," Economics Working Papers eco99/9, European University Institute.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Søren, 1995.
"A Stastistical Analysis of Cointegration for I(2) Variables,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 25-59, February.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "A Statistical Analsysis of Cointegration for I(2) Variables," Papers 77, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Johansen, S ren, 2000.
"A Bartlett Correction Factor For Tests On The Cointegrating Relations,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 740-778, October.
- Johansen, S., 1999. "A Bartlett Correction Factor for Tests on the Cointegrating Relations," Economics Working Papers eco99/10, European University Institute.
- Rothenberg, Thomas J, 1988. "Approximate Power Functions for Some Robust Tests of Regression Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 997-1019, September.
- Paruolo, Paolo, 2000. "Asymptotic Efficiency Of The Two Stage Estimator In I (2) Systems," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 524-550, August.
- Boswijk, H. Peter, 1995. "Efficient inference on cointegration parameters in structural error correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 133-158, September.
- Jacobson, Tor & Vredin, Anders & Warne, Anders, 1994.
"Are Real Wages and Unemployment Related?,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
8, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Proietti, Tommaso, 1997. "Short-Run Dynamics in Cointegrated Systems," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(3), pages 405-22, August.
- Tor Jacobson, 1995. "Simulating small-sample properties of the maximum likelihood cointegration method : estimation and testing," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 96-107, Autumn.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Bwire, Thomas & Morrissey, Oliver & Lloyd, Tim, 2013. "Foreign aid, public sector and private consumption: A cointegrated vector autoregressive approach," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chevillon, Guillaume, 2012. "Local-Explosive Approximations to Null Distributions of the Johansen Cointegration Test, with an Application to Cyclical Concordance in the Euro Area," ESSEC Working Papers WP1210, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Zanetti Chini, Emilio, 2010. "Does the purchasing power parity hypothesis hold after 1998?," MPRA Paper 27225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Macchiarelli, Corrado, 2011.
"Bond market co-movements, expected inflation and the equilibrium real exchange rate,"
Working Paper Series
1405, European Central Bank.
- Macchiarelli, Corrado, 2014. "Bond market co-movements, expected inflation and the GBP-USD equilibrium real exchange rate," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 242-256.
- Pedro M G Martins, . "Fiscal Dynamics in Ethiopia: A Cointegrated VAR Model with Quarterly Data," Discussion Papers 10/05, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Chevillon, Guillaume, 2007. "Inference in the Presence of Stochastic and Deterministic Trends," ESSEC Working Papers DR 07021, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Canepa, Alessandra, 2006. "Small sample corrections for linear restrictions on cointegrating vectors: A Monte Carlo comparison," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 330-336, June.
- de Mello, Luiz & Pisu, Mauro, 2010.
"The bank lending channel of monetary transmission in Brazil: A VECM approach,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 50-60, February.
- Luiz de Mello & Mauro Pisu, 2009. "The Bank Lending Channel of Monetary Transmission in Brazil: A VECM Approach," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 711, OECD Publishing.
- Bjørnar Karlsen Kivedal, 2012. "A DSGE Model with Housing in the Cointegrated VAR Framework," Working Paper Series 12712, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Alessandra Canepa & Raymond O'Brien, 2000. "The Size and Power of Bootstrap Tests for Linear Restrictions in Misspecified Cointegrating Relationships," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1807, Econometric Society.
- Rahmatsyah, Teuku & Rajaguru, Gulasekaran & Siregar, Reza Y., 2002.
"Exchange-rate volatility, trade and "fixing for life" in Thailand,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 445-470, December.
- Teuku Rahmatsyah & Gulasekaran Rajaguru & Reza Siregar, 2002. "Exchange Rate Volatility, Trade and Â“Fixing for LifeÂ” in Thailand," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-12, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Pedro M. G. Martins, 2010. "Fiscal Dynamics in Ethiopia: The Cointegrated VAR Model with Quarterly Data," Working Paper Series 0910, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Guillaume Chevillon, 2013.
"Robust Cointegration Testing in the Presence of Weak Trends, with an Application to the Human Origin of Global Warming,"
- Chevillon, Guillaume, 2013. "Robust Cointegration Testing in the Presence of Weak Trends, with an Application to the Human Origin of Global Warming," ESSEC Working Papers WP1320, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Bwire, Thomas & Morrissey, Oliver & Lloyd, Tim, 2013. "A timeseries analysis of the impact of foreign aid on central government.s fiscal budget in Uganda," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.