Structural Error Correction Models: A System Method for Linear Rational Expectations Models and an Application to an Exchange Rate Model
AbstractThis paper develops a system instrumental variable method to estimate the speed of adjustment coefficient in the long-run equilibrium of structural error correction models for a class of linear rational expectations models. This method is applied to an exchange rate model with sticky prices, in which the speed of adjustment coefficient governs the half-life of the real exchange rate. Compared to single equation methods, the system method gives smaller half-life estimates with sharper standard errors. Copyright 2007 The Ohio State University.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 39 (2007)
Issue (Month): 8 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masao Ogaki & Hyeongwoo Kim, 2009.
"Purchasing Power Parity and the Taylor Rule,"
09-03, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Ippei Fujiwara & Bruce E. Hansen & Masao Ogaki, 2013. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Taylor Rule," CAMA Working Papers 2013-41, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Masao Ogaki, 2011. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Taylor Rule," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2011-02, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Masao Ogaki & Bruce E. Hansen & Ippei Fujiwara & Hyeongwoo Kim, 2013. "Purchasing power parity and the Taylor rule," AJRC Working Papers 05, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- repec:csg:ajrcwp:1305 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.