Estimating Intertemporal Quadratic Adjustment Cost Models with Integrated Series
AbstractThe authors consider the estimation of parameters in Euler equations where regressand and regressors may be nonstationary, and propose a several-stage procedure requiring only knowledge of the Euler equation and the order of integration of the data. This procedure uses the information gained from pretesting for the order of integration of data series to improve specification and estimation. The authors can also offer an explanation of the frequent empirical finding that discount rates and adjustment costs are poorly estimated. Both analytical and experimental (Monte Carlo) results are provided. Copyright 1991 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 32 (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Dolado, J. & Galbraith, J.W. & Banerjee, A., 1991. "Estimating Intertemporal Quadratic Adjustment Cost Models with Integrated Series," Economics Series Working Papers 99111, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, 1994.
"A Further Analysis of Exchange Rate Targeting in Canada,"
9406001, EconWPA, revised 22 Jun 1994.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, . "A Further Analysis of Exchange Rate Targeting in Canada," Working Papers 94-2, Bank of Canada.
- Engsted, Tom & Haldrup, Niels, 1997. "Money demand, adjustment costs, and forward-looking behavior," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 153-173, April.
- Robert A. Amano, 1995.
"Empirical Evidence on the Cost of Adjustment and Dynamic Labour Demand,"
- Robert A. Amano, . "Empirical Evidence on the Cost of Adjustment and Dynamic Labour Demand," Working Papers 95-3, Bank of Canada.
- repec:aah:aarhec:1997-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Croix,David,de la & Palm,Franz & Urbain,Jean-Pierre, 1996.
"Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons,"
016, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Jean-Pierre Urbain & Franz Palm & David de la Croix, 2000. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 393-419.
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1996019, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Sep 1996.
- Croix,David,de la & Palm,Franz & Urbain,Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Jaebeom Kim & Masao Ogaki & Minseok Yang, 2003. "Structural Error Correction Models: Instrumental Variables Methods and an application to an exchange rate model," RCER Working Papers 502, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Willman, Alpo, 2003. "Consumption, habit persistence, imperfect information and the lifetime budget constraint," Working Paper Series 0251, European Central Bank.
- Engsted, Tom, 2002. " Measures of Fit for Rational Expectations Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 301-55, July.
- Amano, Robert A. & Wirjanto, Tony S., 1997. "Adjustment costs and import demand behavior: evidence from Canada and the United States," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 461-476, June.
- Gregory, Allan W. & Nason, James M. & Watt, David G., 1996. "Testing for structural breaks in cointegrated relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 321-341.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, 1994.
"The Dynamic Behaviour of Canadian Imports and the Linear-Quadratic Model: Evidence Based on the Euler Equation,"
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, . "The Dynamic Behaviour of Canadian Imports and the Linear-Quadratic Model: Evidence Based on the Euler Equation," Working Papers 94-6, Bank of Canada.
- Pål Boug & Ådne Cappelen & Anders R. Swensen, 2000. "Expectations in Export Price Formation Tests using Cointegrated VAR Models," Discussion Papers 283, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Paul Mizen & Anindya Banerjee, 2006.
"A re-interpretation of the linear quadratic model when inventories and sales are polynomially cointegrated,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1249-1264.
- Anindya BANERJEE & Paul MIZEN, 2003. "A Re-interpretation of the Linear-Quadratic Model When Inventories and Sales are Polynomially Cointegrated," Economics Working Papers ECO2003/11, European University Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.