Estimating Intertemporal Quadratic Adjustment Cost Models with Integrated Series
AbstractThe authors consider the estimation of parameters in Euler equations where regressand and regressors may be nonstationary, and propose a several-stage procedure requiring only knowledge of the Euler equation and the order of integration of the data. This procedure uses the information gained from pretesting for the order of integration of data series to improve specification and estimation. The authors can also offer an explanation of the frequent empirical finding that discount rates and adjustment costs are poorly estimated. Both analytical and experimental (Monte Carlo) results are provided. Copyright 1991 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Oxford, Department of Economics in its series Economics Series Working Papers with number 99111.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
econometrics ; information ; time series;
Other versions of this item:
- Dolado, Juan & Galbraith, John W & Banerjee, Anindya, 1991. "Estimating Intertemporal Quadratic Adjustment Cost Models with Integrated Series," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(4), pages 919-36, November.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert A. Amano, .
"Empirical Evidence on the Cost of Adjustment and Dynamic Labour Demand,"
95-3, Bank of Canada.
- Robert A. Amano, 1995. "Empirical Evidence on the Cost of Adjustment and Dynamic Labour Demand," Macroeconomics 9505001, EconWPA.
- Amano, Robert A. & Wirjanto, Tony S., 1997. "Adjustment costs and import demand behavior: evidence from Canada and the United States," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 461-476, June.
- Jaebeom Kim & Masao Ogaki & Minseok Yang, 2003. "Structural Error Correction Models: Instrumental Variables Methods and an application to an exchange rate model," RCER Working Papers 502, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1996.
"Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1996019, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Sep 1996.
- Jean-Pierre Urbain & Franz Palm & David de la Croix, 2000. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 393-419.
- Croix,David,de la & Palm,Franz & Urbain,Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Paul Mizen & Anindya Banerjee, 2006.
"A re-interpretation of the linear quadratic model when inventories and sales are polynomially cointegrated,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1249-1264.
- Anindya BANERJEE & Paul MIZEN, 2003. "A Re-interpretation of the Linear-Quadratic Model When Inventories and Sales are Polynomially Cointegrated," Economics Working Papers ECO2003/11, European University Institute.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, .
"A Further Analysis of Exchange Rate Targeting in Canada,"
94-2, Bank of Canada.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, 1994. "A Further Analysis of Exchange Rate Targeting in Canada," Econometrics 9406001, EconWPA, revised 22 Jun 1994.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, .
"The Dynamic Behaviour of Canadian Imports and the Linear-Quadratic Model: Evidence Based on the Euler Equation,"
94-6, Bank of Canada.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, 1994. "The Dynamic Behaviour of Canadian Imports and the Linear-Quadratic Model: Evidence Based on the Euler Equation," Econometrics 9406002, EconWPA.
- Willman, Alpo, 2003. "Consumption, habit persistence, imperfect information and the lifetime budget constraint," Working Paper Series 0251, European Central Bank.
- Gregory, Allan W. & Nason, James M. & Watt, David G., 1996. "Testing for structural breaks in cointegrated relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 321-341.
- Pål Boug & Ådne Cappelen & Anders R. Swensen, 2000. "Expectations in Export Price Formation Tests using Cointegrated VAR Models," Discussion Papers 283, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Engsted, Tom, 2002. " Measures of Fit for Rational Expectations Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 301-55, July.
- Engsted, Tom & Haldrup, Niels, 1997. "Money demand, adjustment costs, and forward-looking behavior," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 153-173, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Wise).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.