Asymptotic Efficiency Of The Two Stage Estimator In I (2) Systems
AbstractThis paper derives the distribution of the two stage estimator of cointegrating parameters in I(2) systems, abbreviated 2SI2, under several assumptions regarding the drift of the process. The asymptotic distribution is compared with that of the maximum likelihood (ML) estimator derived in Johansen (1997, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics 24, 433 462). It is found that the two asymptotic distributions are the same, thus showing that the 2SI2 estimator is asymptotically as efficient as ML.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 16 (2000)
Issue (Month): 04 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Omtzigt, Pieter & Paruolo, Paolo, 2005.
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 31-68, September.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2002. "Testing for common trends in conditional I(2) VAR models," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0216, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Majocchi Antonio & Pavione Enrica, 2002. "International franchising in Italy: trends and perspectives," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0215, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Holtemöller, Oliver, 2002. "Money and prices: An I(2) analysis for the euro area," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,12, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Johansen, Soren, 2002.
"A small sample correction for tests of hypotheses on the cointegrating vectors,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 195-221, December.
- Johansen, S., 1999. "A Small Sample Correction for Tests of Hypotheses on the Cointegrating Vectors," Economics Working Papers eco99/9, European University Institute.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2003.
"Common trends and cycles in I(2) VAR systems,"
Economics and Quantitative Methods
qf0217bis, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Heino Bohn Nielsen & Anders Rahbek, 2003. "Likelihood Ratio Testing for Cointegration Ranks in I(2) Models," Discussion Papers 03-42, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Nielsen, Heino Bohn, 2007. "A "maximum-eigenvalue" test for the cointegration ranks in I(2) vector autoregressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 445-451, March.
- Søren Johansen & Katarina Juselius & Roman Frydman & Michael Goldberg, 2007.
"Testing Hypotheses in an I(2) Model with Applications to the Persistent Long Swings in the Dmk/$ Rate,"
07-34, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Søren Johansen & Katarina Juselius & Roman Frydberg & Michael Goldberg, 2008. "Testing hypotheses in an I(2) model with applications to the persistent long swings in the Dmk/$ rate," CREATES Research Papers 2008-03, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & Georgios Kouretas, 2004.
"A Multivariate I(2) cointegration analysis of German hyperinflation,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 29-41.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & George Kouretas, 2000. "A Multivariate I(2) Cointegration Analysis Of German Hyperinflation," Working Papers 0001, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 00 Jul 2001.
- Kouretas, Georgios P. & Yannopoulos, Andreas, 2006. "Dynamic modelling of trade union behaviour: Evidence from the Greek manufacturing sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 316-338, March.
- Takamitsu Kurita, 2009. "A note on testing parameter constancy in cointegrated vector autoregression: the case of near I(2) processes," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 575-587.
- Juselius, Katarina, 1995. "Do purchasing power parity and uncovered interest rate parity hold in the long run? An example of likelihood inference in a multivariate time-series model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 211-240, September.
- Roman Frydman & Michael D. Goldberg & Søren Johansen & Katarina Juselius, 2009.
"A Resolution of the Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle: Imperfect Knowledge and Long Swings,"
CREATES Research Papers
2009-01, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Roman Frydman & Michael D. Goldberg & Søren Johansen & Katarina Juselius, 2008. "A Resolution of the Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle: Imperfect Knowledge and Long Swings," Discussion Papers 08-31, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.