On measuring volatility of diffusion processes with high frequency data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 74 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Nour Meddahi, 2000.
"Temporal Aggregation of Volatility Models,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1903, Econometric Society.
- Muller, Ulrich A. & Dacorogna, Michel M. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V. & Schwarz, Matthias & Morgenegg, Claude, 1990. "Statistical study of foreign exchange rates, empirical evidence of a price change scaling law, and intraday analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1189-1208, December.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "ARCH models as diffusion approximations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
" Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-53, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1990. "Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan, 1997. "Augmented GARCH (p,q) process and its diffusion limit," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 97-127, July.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991.
"Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Lo, Andrew W. & Craig MacKinlay, A., 1990.
"An econometric analysis of nonsynchronous trading,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 181-211.
- Andrew W. Lo & Craig A. MacKinlay, . "An Econometric Analysis of Nonsyschronous-Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 19-89, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1991. "An Econometric Analysis of Nonsynchronous Trading," NBER Working Papers 2960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hsieh, David A, 1991. " Chaos and Nonlinear Dynamics: Application to Financial Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1839-77, December.
- Maria Elvira Mancino & Paul Malliavin, 2002. "Fourier series method for measurement of multivariate volatilities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 49-61.
- Andersen, Torben G & Bollerslev, Tim, 1998. "Answering the Skeptics: Yes, Standard Volatility Models Do Provide Accurate Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 885-905, November.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:36:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siem Jan Koopman & Borus Jungbacker & Eugenie Hol, 2004.
"Forecasting Daily Variability of the S&P 100 Stock Index using Historical, Realised and Implied Volatility Measurements,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-016/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Koopman, Siem Jan & Jungbacker, Borus & Hol, Eugenie, 2005. "Forecasting daily variability of the S&P 100 stock index using historical, realised and implied volatility measurements," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 445-475, June.
- Eugenie Hol & Siem Jan Koopman & Borus Jungbacker, 2004. "Forecasting daily variability of the S\&P 100 stock index using historical, realised and implied volatility measurements," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 342, Society for Computational Economics.
- Renò, Roberto, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation Of The Diffusion Coefficient Of Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(05), pages 1174-1206, October.
- Kristensen, Dennis, 2010.
"Nonparametric Filtering Of The Realized Spot Volatility: A Kernel-Based Approach,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 60-93, February.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2007. "Nonparametric Filtering of the Realised Spot Volatility: A Kernel-based Approach," CREATES Research Papers 2007-02, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Mihaela Craioveanu & Eric Hillebrand, 2012. "Why It Is Ok To Use The Har-Rv(1,5,21) Model," Working Papers 1201, University of Central Missouri, Department of Economics & Finance, revised Aug 2012.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Asger Lunde & James M. Nason, 2003.
"Choosing the best volatility models: the model confidence set approach,"
2003-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Asger Lunde & James M. Nason, 2003. "Choosing the Best Volatility Models: The Model Confidence Set Approach," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(s1), pages 839-861, December.
- Peter Hansen & Asger Lunde & James M. Nason, 2003. "Choosing the Best Volatility Models:The Model Confidence Set Approach," Working Papers 2003-05, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2005.
"Variation, jumps, market frictions and high frequency data in financial econometrics,"
2005-W16, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2005. "Variation, jumps, market frictions and high frequency data in financial econometrics," OFRC Working Papers Series 2005fe08, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2005. "Variation, jumps, market frictions and high frequency data in financial econometrics," Economics Series Working Papers 240, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Masato Ubukata & Kosuke Oya, 2007. "Test of Unbiasedness of the Integrated Covariance Estimation in the Presence of Noise," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 07-03, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Morten Ørregaard Nielsen & Per Houmann Frederiksen, 2005. "Finite Sample Accuracy of Integrated Volatility Estimators," Working Papers 1225, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Linden, Mikael, 2005. "Estimating the distribution of volatility of realized stock returns and exchange rate changes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 352(2), pages 573-583.
- Nielsen, Morten Ørregaard & Frederiksen, Per, 2008. "Finite sample accuracy and choice of sampling frequency in integrated volatility estimation," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 265-286, March.
- Emilio Barucci & Claudio Impenna & Roberto Reno, 2003.
"The Italian Overnight Market: Microstructure Effects, the Martingale Hypothesis and the Payment System,"
CEIS Research Paper
24, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Emilio Barucci & Claudio Impenna & Roberto Reno, 2003. "The Italian overnight market: microstructure effects, the martingale hypothesis and the payment system," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 475, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Pasquale, Maria & Renò, Roberto, 2005. "Statistical properties of trading volume depending on size," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 346(3), pages 518-528.
- Hansen, Peter Reinhard & Lunde, Asger, 2006. "Consistent ranking of volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 97-121.
- Roberto Reno', 2004. "Nonparametric Estimation of the Diffusion Coefficient via Fourier Analysis, with Aplication to Short Rate Modeling," Department of Economics University of Siena 440, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Høg, Esben, 2008. "Volatility and realized quadratic variation of differenced returns : A wavelet method approach," Finance Research Group Working Papers F-2008-06, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.