On the robustness of the argument that price-matching is anti-competitive
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 47 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Parakhonyak, Alexei, 2013.
"Price matching guarantees and consumer search,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-11.
- Maria Arbatskaya, 2005. "Buy Now, Search Later: A Model of Low-Price Guarantees with Post-Purchase Search," Emory Economics 0520, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Aaron S. Edlin and Eric R. Emch., 1997.
"The Welfare Losses from Price Matching Policies,"
Economics Working Papers
97-257, University of California at Berkeley.
- Corts, Kenneth S., 1997. "On the competitive effects of price-matching policies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 283-299, May.
- Mago, Shakun Datta & Pate, Jennifer G., 2009.
"An experimental examination of competitor-based price matching guarantees,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 342-360, May.
- Datta, Shakun & Offenberg, Jennifer, 2003. "An Experimental Examination of Competitor-Based Price Matching Guarantees," MPRA Paper 575, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Oct 2006.
- Norovsambuu Tumennasan, 2011.
"Quantity Precommitment and Price Matching,"
Economics Working Papers
2011-13, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Enrique Fatás & Juan A. Mañez, 2004. "Are Low-Price Compromises Collusion Guarantees? An Experimental Test of Price Matching Policies," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/33, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Norovsambuu Tumennasan & Mongoljin Batsaikhan, 2013. "Price-Matching leads to the Cournot Outcome," Economics Working Papers 2013-12, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Arcan Nalca & Tamer Boyaci & Saibal Ray, 2010. "Competitive price-matching guarantees under imperfect store availability," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 275-300, September.
- Kaplan, Todd R., 2000. "Effective price-matching: a comment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1291-1294, December.
- Arbatskaya, Maria & Hviid, Morten & Shaffer, Greg, 2006. "On the use of low-price guarantees to discourage price cutting," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1139-1156, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.