Pollution abatement activities and traditional productivity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 62 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Curtis Carlson & Dallas Burtraw & Maureen Cropper & Karen L. Palmer, 2000.
"Sulfur Dioxide Control by Electric Utilities: What Are the Gains from Trade?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1292-1326, December.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Cropper, Maureen & Carlson, Curtis, 1998. "Sulfur-Dioxide Control By Electric Utilities: What Are the Gains from Trade?," Discussion Papers dp-98-44-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Carlson, Curtis & Burtraw, Dallas & Cropper, Maureen & Palmer, Karen L., 1998. "Sulfur dioxide control by electric utilities : what are the gains from trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1966, The World Bank.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Mette Asmild & Joseph Paradi & Vanita Aggarwall & Claire Schaffnit, 2004. "Combining DEA Window Analysis with the Malmquist Index Approach in a Study of the Canadian Banking Industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 67-89, January.
- Max Keilbach, 1995. "Estimation of the value of the marginal product of emission in a country where emissions output is regulated — an empirical study," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(3), pages 305-319, April.
- Ronald J. Shadbegian & Wayne B. Gray, 2003.
"Pollution Abatement Expenditures and Plant-Level Productivity: A Production Function Approach,"
NCEE Working Paper Series
200305, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Aug 2003.
- Shadbegian, Ronald J. & Gray, Wayne B., 2005. "Pollution abatement expenditures and plant-level productivity: A production function approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 196-208, August.
- Ronald Shadbegian & Wayne Gray, 2003. "Pollution Abatement Expenditures and Plant-Level Productivity: A Production Function Approach," Working Papers 03-16, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Victoria Shestalova, 2003. "Sequential Malmquist Indices of Productivity Growth: An Application to OECD Industrial Activities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 211-226, April.
- Yaisawarng, Suthathip & Klein, J Douglass, 1994. "The Effects of Sulfur Dioxide Controls on Productivity Change in the U.S. Electric Power Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 447-60, August.
- Conrad, Klaus & Wastl, Dieter, 1995. "The Impact of Environmental Regulation on Productivity in German Industries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 615-33.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Kim, Kyunam & Kim, Yeonbae, 2012. "International comparison of industrial CO2 emission trends and the energy efficiency paradox utilizing production-based decomposition," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1724-1741.
- Boon L Lee & Clevo Wilson & Carl A Pasurka, Jr, 2013. "The Good, the Bad and the Efficient: Productivity, efficiency and technical change in the Airline Industry, 2004:2008," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 299, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Grover, David, 2013. "The ‘advancedness’ of knowledge in pollution-saving technological change with a qualitative application to SO2 cap and trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 123-134.
- Welch, Eric & Barnum, Darold, 2009. "Joint environmental and cost efficiency analysis of electricity generation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2336-2343, June.
- David Grover, 2012. "The “advancedness” of knowledge in pollutionsaving technological change with a qualitative application to SO2 cap and trade," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 100, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Travaglini, Giuseppe & Saltari, Enrico, 2012. "A model of waste control and abatement capital: Permanent versus temporary environmental policies," MPRA Paper 36522, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hampf, Benjamin, 2011. "Separating Environmental Efficiency into Production and Abatement Efficiency – A Nonparametric Model with Application to U.S. Power Plants," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 53901, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Tan, Ya-Kun & Tan, Qin-Liang & Yuan, Jia-Hai, 2012. "Decomposition of aggregate CO2 emissions within a joint production framework," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1088-1097.
- Yang, Mian & Yang, Fu-Xia & Chen, Xing-Peng, 2011. "Effects of substituting energy with capital on China's aggregated energy and environmental efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6065-6072, October.
- Ramilan, Thiagarajah & Scrimgeour, Frank & Marsh, Dan, 2011. "Analysis of environmental and economic efficiency using a farm population micro-simulation model," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(7), pages 1344-1352.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kazemi Matin, Reza, 2011. "Duality of weakly disposable technology," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 504-512, October.
- Fleishman, Rachel & Alexander, Rob & Bretschneider, Stuart & Popp, David, 2009. "Does regulation stimulate productivity? The effect of air quality policies on the efficiency of US power plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4574-4582, November.
- Oh, Dong-hyun & Heshmati, Almas, 2010. "A sequential Malmquist-Luenberger productivity index: Environmentally sensitive productivity growth considering the progressive nature of technology," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1345-1355, November.
- Deborah Aiken & Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf & Carl Pasurka, 2009. "Pollution Abatement and Productivity Growth: Evidence from Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, and the United States," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 44(1), pages 11-28, September.
- Macpherson, Alexander J. & Principe, Peter P. & Smith, Elizabeth R., 2010. "A directional distance function approach to regional environmental-economic assessments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1918-1925, August.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kuosmanen, Natalia, 2009. "How not to measure sustainable value (and how one might)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 235-243, December.
- Wei, Chu & Löschel, Andreas & Liu, Bing, 2013. "An empirical analysis of the CO2 shadow price in Chinese thermal power enterprises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 22-31.
- Song, Malin & An, Qingxian & Zhang, Wei & Wang, Zeya & Wu, Jie, 2012. "Environmental efficiency evaluation based on data envelopment analysis: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4465-4469.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Han, J.Y., 2010. "Total factor carbon emission performance: A Malmquist index analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 194-201, January.
- Färe, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Lundgren, Tommy & Marklund, Per-Olov & Zhou, Wenchao, 2012. "Productivity: Should We Include Bads?," CERE Working Papers 2012:13, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Kortelainen, Mika, 2008. "Estimation of semiparametric stochastic frontiers under shape constraints with application to pollution generating technologies," MPRA Paper 9257, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shital Sharma, 2013. "Environmental Regulation, Abatement, and Productivity: A Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 13-51, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.