Pollution abatement activities and traditional productivity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 62 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Curtis Carlson & Dallas Burtraw & Maureen Cropper & Karen L. Palmer, 2000.
"Sulfur Dioxide Control by Electric Utilities: What Are the Gains from Trade?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1292-1326, December.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Cropper, Maureen & Carlson, Curtis, 1998. "Sulfur-Dioxide Control By Electric Utilities: What Are the Gains from Trade?," Discussion Papers dp-98-44-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Carlson, Curtis & Burtraw, Dallas & Cropper, Maureen & Palmer, Karen L., 1998. "Sulfur dioxide control by electric utilities : what are the gains from trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1966, The World Bank.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Max Keilbach, 1995. "Estimation of the value of the marginal product of emission in a country where emissions output is regulated — an empirical study," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(3), pages 305-319, April.
- Ronald Shadbegian & Wayne Gray, 2003.
"Pollution Abatement Expenditures and Plant-Level Productivity: A Production Function Approach,"
03-16, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Shadbegian, Ronald J. & Gray, Wayne B., 2005. "Pollution abatement expenditures and plant-level productivity: A production function approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 196-208, August.
- Ronald J. Shadbegian & Wayne B. Gray, 2003. "Pollution Abatement Expenditures and Plant-Level Productivity: A Production Function Approach," NCEE Working Paper Series 200305, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Aug 2003.
- Conrad, Klaus & Wastl, Dieter, 1995. "The Impact of Environmental Regulation on Productivity in German Industries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 615-33.
- Victoria Shestalova, 2003. "Sequential Malmquist Indices of Productivity Growth: An Application to OECD Industrial Activities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 211-226, April.
- Yaisawarng, Suthathip & Klein, J Douglass, 1994. "The Effects of Sulfur Dioxide Controls on Productivity Change in the U.S. Electric Power Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 447-60, August.
- Mette Asmild & Joseph Paradi & Vanita Aggarwall & Claire Schaffnit, 2004. "Combining DEA Window Analysis with the Malmquist Index Approach in a Study of the Canadian Banking Industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 67-89, January.
- Deborah Aiken & Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf & Carl Pasurka, 2009. "Pollution Abatement and Productivity Growth: Evidence from Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, and the United States," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 44(1), pages 11-28, September.
- Macpherson, Alexander J. & Principe, Peter P. & Smith, Elizabeth R., 2010. "A directional distance function approach to regional environmental-economic assessments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1918-1925, August.
- Hampf, Benjamin, 2011. "Separating Environmental Efficiency into Production and Abatement Efficiency – A Nonparametric Model with Application to U.S. Power Plants," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 53901, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kuosmanen, Natalia, 2009. "How not to measure sustainable value (and how one might)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 235-243, December.
- Fleishman, Rachel & Alexander, Rob & Bretschneider, Stuart & Popp, David, 2009. "Does regulation stimulate productivity? The effect of air quality policies on the efficiency of US power plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4574-4582, November.
- Kim, Kyunam & Kim, Yeonbae, 2012. "International comparison of industrial CO2 emission trends and the energy efficiency paradox utilizing production-based decomposition," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1724-1741.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kazemi Matin, Reza, 2011. "Duality of weakly disposable technology," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 504-512, October.
- Oh, Dong-hyun & Heshmati, Almas, 2010. "A sequential Malmquist-Luenberger productivity index: Environmentally sensitive productivity growth considering the progressive nature of technology," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1345-1355, November.
- Travaglini, Giuseppe & Saltari, Enrico, 2012. "A model of waste control and abatement capital: Permanent versus temporary environmental policies," MPRA Paper 36522, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Färe, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Lundgren, Tommy & Marklund, Per-Olov & Zhou, Wenchao, 2012. "Productivity: Should We Include Bads?," CERE Working Papers 2012:13, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Yang, Mian & Yang, Fu-Xia & Chen, Xing-Peng, 2011. "Effects of substituting energy with capital on China's aggregated energy and environmental efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6065-6072, October.
- Welch, Eric & Barnum, Darold, 2009. "Joint environmental and cost efficiency analysis of electricity generation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2336-2343, June.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Han, J.Y., 2010. "Total factor carbon emission performance: A Malmquist index analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 194-201, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.