A model-based estimation of the probability of default in sovereign credit markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1993.
"Sovereign Debt: A Primer,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 7(2), pages 137-72, May.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1991. "Sovereign Debt: A Primer," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 21, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1992. "Sovereign debt : a primer," Policy Research Working Paper Series 855, The World Bank.
- Peter H. Lindert & Peter J. Morton, 1989.
"How Sovereign Debt Has Worked,"
in: Developing Country Debt and the World Economy, pages 225-236
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Gersovitz, Mark, 1981. "Debt with Potential Repudiation: Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 289-309, April.
- Daniel Cohen & Jeffrey Sachs, 1985.
"Growth and External Debt Under Risk of Debt Repudiation,"
NBER Working Papers
1703, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Cohen & Jeffrey Sachs, 1991. "Growth and External Debt Under Risk of Debt Repudiation," NBER Chapters, in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 437-472 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen, Daniel & Sachs, Jeffrey, 1986. "Growth and external debt under risk of debt repudiation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 529-560, June.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Daniel Cohen, 1982. "LDC Borrowing with Default Risk," NBER Working Papers 0925, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calvo, Guillermo A. & Kaminsky, Graciela L., 1991. "Debt relief and debt rescheduling : The optimal-contract approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 5-36, July.
- Jaffee, Dwight M & Modigliani, Franco, 1969. "A Theory and Test of Credit Rationing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 850-72, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard & Ross, Knud, 1981. "Projecting Debt Servicing Capacity of Developing Countries," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 651-669, December.
- Kletzer, Kenneth M, 1984. "Asymmetries of Information and LDC Borrowing with Sovereign Risk," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 287-307, June.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Portes, Richard, 1985.
"Debt and Default in the 1930s: Causes and Consequences,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
75, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Portes, Richard, 1986. "Debt and default in the 1930s : Causes and consequences," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 599-640, June.
- Barry J. Eichengreen & Richard Portes, 1986. "Debt and Default in the 1930s: Causes and Consequences," NBER Working Papers 1772, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kharas, Homi, 1984. "The Long-Run Creditworthiness of Developing Countries: Theory and Practice," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 99(3), pages 415-39, August.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1989. "Country Risk, Incomplete Information and Taxes on International Borrowing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 147-61, March.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E., 1977. "A study of debt servicing capacity applying logit analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 25-38, February.
- Joshua Aizenman, 1989. "Country Risk and Contingencies," NBER Working Papers 2236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nath, Hiranya K., 2009.
"Country Risk Analysis: A Survey of the Quantitative Methods,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics,
Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 62(1), pages 69-94.
- Hiranya K. Nath, 2008. "Country Risk Analysis: A Survey of the Quantitative Methods," Working Papers 0804, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Erdem Basci, 2002.
"Bond Premium in Turkey,"
Departmental Working Papers
0207, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Timur Han Gur, 2001. "A Country Risk Assessment Model and the Asian Crisis," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 1(1), pages 49-68.
- Fausto Hernández Trillo & Alejandro Villagómez Amezcua, 2000. "La estructura de la deuda pública en México: Lecciones y perspectivas," Research Department Publications 3104, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Loredana Ureche-Rangau, 2004.
"Entre la peste et le choléra: le détenteur d'obligations peut préférer la répudiation au défaut,"
Working Papers CEB
04-021.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Loredana Ureche-Rangau, 2005. "Entre la peste et le choléra: le détenteur d'obligations peut préférer la répudiation au défaut," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6693, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Loredana Ureche-Rangau & Kim Oosterlinck, 2005. "Entre la peste et le choléra : le détenteur d’obligations peut préférer la répudiation au défaut…," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 79(2), pages 309-331.
- Stephen Easton & Duane Rockerbie, 1999. "Does IMF conditionality benefit lenders?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 135(2), pages 347-357, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.