Saving dynamics in the Asian countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (2003)
Issue (Month): 6 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gonzalo, Jesús, .
"Five alternative methods of estimating long-run equilibrium relationships,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/731, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Gonzalo, Jesus, 1994. "Five alternative methods of estimating long-run equilibrium relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 203-233.
- Khan, Ashfaque H. & Hasan, Lubna & Malik, Afia, 1994. "Determinants of National Saving Rate in Pakistan," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 47(4), pages 365-382.
- Griffin, Keith, 1970. "Foreign Capital, Domestic Savings and Economic Development," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 32(2), pages 99-112, May.
- Hamid Faruqee & Aasim M. Husain, 1995. "Saving Trends in Southeast Asia: A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Working Papers 95/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-72, August.
- Ashok K. Lahiri, 1989. "Dynamics of Asian Savings: The Role of Growth and Age Structure," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 228-261, March.
- Fry, Maxwell J, 1978. "Money and Capital or Financial Deepening in Economic Development?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 464-75, November.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Talvi, Ernesto, 1998.
"Capital flows and saving in Latin America and Asia: A reinterpretation,"
13704, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Talvi, Ernesto, 1998. "Capital flows and saving in Latin America and Asia: a reinterpretation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 45-66, October.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Hansen, Bruce E, 1990.
"Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125, January.
- Tom Doan, . "FM: RATS procedure to estimate cointegrating vectors using Fully Modified Least Squares," Statistical Software Components RTS00069, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Khaled Hussein & A. P. Thirlwall, 1999.
"Explaining differences in the domestic savings ratio across countries: A panel data study,"
The Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 31-52.
- Khaled A. Hussein & A.P. Thirlwall, 1999. "Explaining Differences in the Domestic Savings Ratio Across Countries: A Panel Data Study," Studies in Economics 9904, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Nicola Rossi, 1988. "Government Spending, the Real Interest Rate, and the Behavior of Liquidity-Constrained Consumers in Developing Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 104-140, March.
- Classens, S. & Dooley, M.P. & Warner, A., 1995.
"Portfolio Capital Flows: Hot or Cold,"
501, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- repec:chb:bcchwp:08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khan, Ashfaque H & Hasan, Lubna, 1998. "Financial Liberalization, Savings, and Economic Development in Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 581-97, April.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Sinha, Tapen, 1998. "Cart before the horse? The saving-growth nexus in Mexico," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 43-47, October.
- Alan M. Taylor, 1997.
"Argentina and the World Capital Market: Saving, Investment, and International Capital Mobility in the Twentieth Century,"
NBER Working Papers
6302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taylor, Alan M., 1998. "Argentina and the world capital market: saving, investment, and international capital mobility in the twentieth century," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 147-184, October.
- Gruben, William C. & McLeod, Darryl, 1998. "Capital Flows, Savings, and Growth in the 1990s," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(3, Part 1), pages 287-301.
- Martin Feldstein & Charles Horioka, 1979.
"Domestic Savings and International Capital Flows,"
NBER Working Papers
0310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 1989. "The Internationalization of Production," NBER Working Papers 2923, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griffin, Keith B & Enos, J L, 1970. "Foreign Assistance: Objectives and Consequences," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 313-27, April.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1996. "Why are Latin America's savings rates so low? An international comparative analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Serven, Luis, 2000.
"Does income inequality raise aggregate saving?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 417-446, April.
- Gupta, Kanhaya L, 1987. "Aggregate Savings, Financial Intermediation, and Interest Rate," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 303-11, May.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- Christian Thimann & Anuradha Dayal-Gulati, 1997. "Saving in Southeast Asia and Latin America Compared - Searching for Policy Lessons," IMF Working Papers 97/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Hammer, Jeffrey S., 1986. "Population growth and savings in LDCs: A survey article," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 579-591, May.
- Jansen, Karel, 1995. "The macroeconomic effects of direct foreign investment: The case of Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 193-210, February.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2009. "Does causality technique matter to savings-growth nexus in Malaysia?," MPRA Paper 38535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2010. "Savings-led growth theories: A time series analysis for Malaysia using the bootstrapping and time-varying causality techniques," MPRA Paper 27299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2008. "Foreign investment, human capital and manufacturing sector growth in Singapore," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 447-453.
- Alisjahbana, Armida & Yusuf, Arief Anshory, 2003.
"Assessing Indonesia's sustainable development: long-run trend, impact of the crisis, and adjustment during the recovery period,"
1736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armida Alisjahbana & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2003. "Assessing Indonesia's sustainable development: long-run trend, impact of the crisis, and adjustment during the recovery period," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200306, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Oct 2003.
- Chor Foon Tang & Hooi Hooi Lean, 2009. "The Effects Of Disaggregated Savings On Economic Growth In Malaysia - Generalised Variance Decomposition Analysis," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 04-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Naseem, N.A.M & Tan, Hui-Boon & Hamizah, M.S, 2008. "Exchange Rate Misalignment, Volatility and Import Flows in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 41571, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chor Foon Tang & Soo Y. Chua, 2012. "The savings-growth nexus for the Malaysian economy: a view through rolling sub-samples," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 44(32), pages 4173-4185, November.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2008. "A re-examination of the role of foreign direct investment and exports in Malaysia's economic growth," MPRA Paper 38536, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.