Cart before the horse? The saving-growth nexus in Mexico
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 61 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maddison, A., 1991.
"A Long Run Perspective on Saving,"
443, Groningen State, Institute of Economic Research-.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Piotr Misztal, 2011. "The Relationship Between Savings And Economic Growth In Countries With Different Level Of Economic Development," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 7(2), pages 17-29, August.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Sinha, Tapen, 2007.
"Relationships among Household Saving, Public Saving, Corporate Saving and Economic Growth in India,"
2597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dipendra Sinha & Tapen Sinha, 2008. "Relationships among household saving, public saving, corporate saving and economic growth in India," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 181-186.
- Maite Alguacil & Ana Cuadros & Vicente Orts, 2004. "Does saving really matter for growth? Mexico (1970-2000)," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 281-290.
- Andersson, Björn, 1999. "On the Causality Between Saving and Growth: Long- and Short-Run Dynamics and Country Heterogeneity," Working Paper Series 1999:18, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2006:i:3:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abdelhafidh, Samir, 2013. "Potential financing sources of investment and economic growth in North African countries: A causality analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 150-169.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2009. "Does causality technique matter to savings-growth nexus in Malaysia?," MPRA Paper 38535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Thanoon, Marwan A. & Rashid, Salim, 2003. "Saving dynamics in the Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 827-845, January.
- Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2009. "Savings and economic growth in South Africa: A multivariate causality test," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 708-718, September.
- Gabriele Tondl, 2002.
"Trade, Human Capital and Innovation: The Engines of European Regional Growth in the 1990s,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2002
237, Society for Computational Economics.
- Badinger, Harald & Tondl, Gabriele, 2002. "Trade, human capital and innovation: The engines of European regional growth in the 1990s," ERSA conference papers ersa02p043, European Regional Science Association.
- Djeto Assane & Abbas Grammy, 2003. "An assessment of the growth and inequality causality relationship," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(14), pages 871-873.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Sinha, Tapen, 2007. "Toda and Yamamoto Causality Tests Between Per Capita Saving and Per Capita GDP for India," MPRA Paper 2564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- László Kónya, 2004.
"Saving and Growth: Granger Causality Analysis with Bootstrapping on Panels of Countries,"
2004.02, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- László Kónya, 2004. "Saving and Growth: Granger Causality Analysis with Bootstrapping on Panels of Countries," Working Papers 2004.02, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Bee Wah, 2014. "A revalidation of the savings–growth nexus in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 370-377.
- Chor Foon Tang & Soo Y. Chua, 2012. "The savings-growth nexus for the Malaysian economy: a view through rolling sub-samples," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(32), pages 4173-4185, November.
- Masih, Rumi & Peters, Sanjay, 2010. "A revisitation of the savings-growth nexus in Mexico," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 318-320, June.
- Ramesh Mohan, 2006. "Causal Relationship Between Savings And Economic Growth In Countries With Different Income Levels," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(3), pages 1-12.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.