The economics of short rotation improved fallows: evidence from areas of high population density in Western Kenya
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 55 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Versteeg, M. N. & Koudokpon, V., 1993. "Participative farmer testing of four low external input technologies, to address soil fertility decline in Mono province (Benin)," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 265-276.
- Krautkraemer, Jeffrey A., 1994. "Population growth, soil fertility, and agricultural intensification," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 403-428, August.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-417, November.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
- Mausolff, Christopher & Farber, Stephen, 1995. "An economic analysis of ecological agricultural technologies among peasant farmers in Honduras," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 237-248, March.
- Anderson, Jock R., 1992. "Difficulties in African agricultural systems enhancement? Ten hypotheses," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 387-409.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Rasul, Golam & Thapa, Gopal B., 2006. "Financial and economic suitability of agroforestry as an alternative to shifting cultivation: The case of the Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 29-50, November.
- Place, Frank & Adato, Michelle & Hebinck, Paul & Mary Omosa, 2003.
"The impact of agroforestry-based soil fertility replenishment practices on the poor in Western Kenya,"
FCND discussion papers
160, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Place, Frank & Adato, Michelle & Hebinck, Paul & Mary Omosa, 2003. "The impact of agroforestry-based soil fertility replenishment practices on the poor in Western Kenya," FCND briefs 160, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Place, Frank & Adato, Michelle & Hebinck, Paul & Omosa, Mary, 2005. "The impact of agroforestry-based soil fertility replenishment practices on the poor in Western Kenya:," Research reports 142, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kiptot, Evelyne & Hebinck, Paul & Franzel, Steven & Richards, Paul, 2007. "Adopters, testers or pseudo-adopters? Dynamics of the use of improved tree fallows by farmers in western Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 509-519, May.
- A. A. Batabyal & D. M. Lee, 2003. "Aspects of land use in slash and burn agriculture," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(13), pages 821-824.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2004:i:3:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Place, Frank & Franzel, Steve & Noordin, Qureish & Jama, Bashir, 2004. "Improved fallows in Kenya: history, farmer practice, and impacts," EPTD discussion papers 115, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Franzel, S. & Coe, R. & Cooper, P. & Place, F. & Scherr, S. J., 2001. "Assessing the adoption potential of agroforestry practices in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 69(1-2), pages 37-62.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal & Gregory DeAngelo, 2004. "A dynamic and stochastic analysis of fertilizer use in swidden agriculture," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(3), pages 1-10.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.