Impact of domestic content requirement on the US tobacco and cigarette industries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Other versions of this item:
- Beghin, John C. & Brown, A. Blake & Zaini, M. Hasyim, 1997. "Impact of Domestic Content Requirement on the U.S. Tobacco and Cigarette Industries," Staff General Research Papers 1483, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beghin, John C. & Lovell, C. A.K., 1993.
"Trade and Efficiency Effects of Domestic Content Protection: The Australian Tobacco and Cigarette Industries,"
Staff General Research Papers
1601, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Beghin, John C & Lovell, C A Knox, 1993. "Trade and Efficiency Effects of Domestic Content Protection: The Australian Tobacco and Cigarette Industries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 623-31, November.
- Chaloupka, Frank, 1991.
"Rational Addictive Behavior and Cigarette Smoking,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 722-42, August.
- Beghin, John & Chang, Ruey-er, 1992.
"Differentiated products and supply controls in the analysis of agricultural policy reform: the case of tobacco,"
Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 301-315, October.
- Beghin, John C. & Chang, R., 1992. "Differentiated Products and Supply Controls in the Analysis of Agricultural Policy Reform: The Case of Tobacco," Staff General Research Papers 1574, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Beghin, John C & Sumner, Daniel A, 1992.
"Domestic Content Requirements with Bilateral Monopoly,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(2), pages 306-16, April.
- Beghin, John C. & Sumner, D., 1992. "Domestic Content Requirements with Bilateral Monopoly," Staff General Research Papers 1571, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gary S. Becker & Michael Grossman & Kevin M. Murphy, 1990.
"An Empirical Analysis of Cigarette Addiction,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
61, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Sumner, Daniel A, 1981. "Measurement of Monopoly Behavior: An Application to the Cigarette Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 1010-19, October.
- Vousden, Neil, 1987. "Content protection and tariffs under monopoly and competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 263-282, November.
- Beghin, John C. & Hu, Fan, 1995.
"Declining U.S. Tobacco Exports to Australia: A Derived Demand Approach to Competitiveness,"
Staff General Research Papers
1606, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hu, Fan & Beghin, John C., 1994. "Declining U.S. Tobacco Exports To Australia: A Derived Demand Approach To Competitiveness," Working Papers 51224, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Krishna, Kala & Itoh, Motoshige, 1988.
"Content Protection and Oligopolistic Interactions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 107-25, January.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Hollander, Abraham, 1987. "Content protection and transnational monopoly," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 283-297, November.
- Carol Horton Tremblay & Victor J. Tremblay, 1995. "The Impact Of Cigarette Advertising On Consumer Surplus, Profit, And Social Welfare," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(1), pages 113-124, 01.
- Hillman, Jimmye S., 1996. "Nontariff Agricultural Trade Barriers Revisited," Working Papers 14602, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Takacs, Wendy E, 1994. "Domestic Content and Compensatory Export Requirements: Protection of the Motor Vehicle Industry in the Philippines," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(1), pages 127-49, January.
- Grossman, Gene M, 1981. "The Theory of Domestic Content Protection and Content Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 96(4), pages 583-603, November.
- Metcalfe, Mark R., 2000. "Environmental Regulation And Implications For U.S. Pork Exports," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21808, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gale, H. Frederick, Jr. & Foreman, Linda F. & Capehart, Thomas C., Jr., 2000. "Tobacco And The Economy: Farms, Jobs, And Communities," Agricultural Economics Reports 34007, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Metcalfe, Mark R., 2002. "Environmental Regulation And Implications For Competitiveness In International Pork Trade," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- Metcalfe, Mark R., 2001. "Environmental Regulation And Implications For Competitiveness In International Pork Trade," International Trade in Livestock Products Symposium, January 18-19, 2001, Auckland, New Zealand 14565, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.