Equipamiento y gestión de las tecnologías de la información en las cooperativas agroalimentarias
AbstractInformation Technology is a key factor in any company’s competitiveness. Cooperatives are no exception, especially when technologies such as the Internet are so useful for promoting their participative philosophy. Furthermore, IT aids the coordination and control of the group’s activities, increasing the level of information and service provided to all the agents involved in the cooperative (members, suppliers, workers, collaborators and clients). The aim of this paper is to analyse the use of IT in agricultural cooperatives. A longitudinal study has been carried out for this purpose, collecting data from fruit and vegetable cooperatives in the Murcia Region in 1996 and in 2003. The research covered, among other aspects, the following points: IT equipment, types of information analysis performed, and the frequency of these, and responsibility for the management of IT systems. On the basis of an analysis of the situation, and bearing in mind the literature on Information Technology and Systems, the study ends with a number of considerations designed to offer specific recommendations for IT equipment and management in food and agricultural cooperatives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): 54 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Food and agriculture cooperatives; information technology; IT management; information systems; Internet;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alfonso Vargas Sánchez, 2004. "Empresas cooperativas, ventaja competitiva y tecnologías de la información," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, issue 49, pages 13-29, August.
- N. Sheth, Jagdish & Parvatiyar, Atul, 1995. "Relationship marketing," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 391-396.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.