Empresas cooperativas, ventaja competitiva y tecnologías de la información
AbstractThe sources of competitive advantage in cooperative enterprises have received much less attention from the academic community than those in conventional capitalist companies. Moreover, in this area of research (the competitive advantage in cooperatives), Information Technologies play an increasingly important role. This paper therefore aims to study the link between (cooperative) ownership structure and the competitive advantages obtained from the provision and effective use of such technologies, from the point of view of Transaction Cost Theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): 49 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Cooperative; Competitive Strategy; Competitive Advantage; Information Technologies.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-61, October.
- Nooteboom, B., 1992. "Information technology, transaction costs and the decision to "make or buy"," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-372837, Tilburg University.
- Manuel Jordán Rodríguez, 2002. "Particularidades de las condiciones laborales en las empresas de trabajo asociado," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, issue 42, pages 33-47, November.
- Sarahelen Thompson & Steven T. Sonka, 1997. "Potential Effects of Information Technologies on the Economic Performance of Agricultural and Food Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 657-662.
- Ángel L. Meroño Cerdán & Narciso Arcas Lario, 2006. "Equipamiento y gestión de las tecnologías de la información en las cooperativas agroalimentarias," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, issue 54, pages 5-31, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.