La stratégie environnementale de l'Union européenne
AbstractEnvironmental policy is an art of execution. Hence the fact that European Union member states have recently managed to agree on targets of emissions to fight climate change leaves open the question of how they will meet them. Economics can not but embrace the scientific consensus on climate change and can not say much about the efficiency of alternative technologies. Yet, its expertise is valuable to calculate economic effects and fairness of policies and to assess the relevance of incentives structures and effectiveness of institutions put into place to convert scientific consensus into action. This article is concerned with this latter point: does the EU have the right institutions to fight climate change? We claim that such is not the case, and offer to institute a « European Community of Environment, Energy and Research » to go forward. JEL Classification: F59, O52, Q48, Q54, Q58.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue de l'OFCE.
Volume (Year): n° 102 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-de-l-ofce.htm
environment; climate change; European Union;
Other versions of this item:
- Eloi Laurent & Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l’Union européenne," Sciences Po publications 2007-24, Sciences Po.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l’Union européenne," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-24, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2001. "Le double dividende. Les approches théoriques," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 16(2), pages 119-147.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00089916 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Delacote & Claire MontagnÃ©-Huck, 2012.
"Political consumerism and public policy: good complements against market failures?,"
167880, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Delacote, Philippe & Montagné-Huck, Claire, 2012. "Political consumerism and public policy: Good complements against market failures?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 188-193.
- Jacques Le Cacheux & Eloi Laurent, 2008.
"Présidence française de l’union européenne : priorité à la lutte contre le changement climatique,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2008-19, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Éloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2008. "Présidence française de l'Union européenne : priorité à la lutte contre le changement climatique," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 5-28.
- Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2008. "Présidence française de l'Union européenne : priorité à la lutte contre le changement climatique," Sciences Po publications 2008-19, Sciences Po.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/6147 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.