Présidence française de l'Union européenne : priorité à la lutte contre le changement climatique
AbstractVery much like the Lisbon Agenda, the European strategy against climate change suffers from a discrepancy between high ambitions and weak collective instruments. As France takes the EU Presidency in July 2008, one of its priorities is precisely to make some significant progress in reducing the gap between ends and means. With the negotiation on the reform of the EU budget, a perfect opportunity of furthering the cooperation between European member states presents itself. A reformed EU budget could in fact become the first step towards an integrated environmental and energetic European policy, by reorienting spending towards climate change mitigation policies, and creating new resources. JEL classification: H87, Q50, Q54, Q58.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue de l'OFCE.
Volume (Year): n° 106 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-de-l-ofce.htm
climate change; european budget; environmental taxes;
Other versions of this item:
- Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2008. "Présidence française de l'Union européenne : priorité à la lutte contre le changement climatique," Sciences Po publications 2008-19, Sciences Po.
- Jacques Le Cacheux & Eloi Laurent, 2008. "Présidence française de l’union européenne : priorité à la lutte contre le changement climatique," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2008-19, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Éloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007.
"La stratégie environnementale de l'Union européenne,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 381-413.
- Eloi Laurent & Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l’Union européenne," Sciences Po publications NÂ° 2007-24, Sciences Po.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l’Union européenne," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-24, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Dew-Becker, Ian & Gordon, Robert J, 2008.
"The Role of Labour Market Changes in the Slowdown of European Productivity Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6722, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ian Dew-Becker & Robert J. Gordon, 2008. "The Role of Labor Market Changes in the Slowdown of European Productivity Growth," NBER Working Papers 13840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eloi Laurent & Jérôme Creel & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2005. "'La stratégie de Lisbonne' engluée dans la tactique de Bruxelles," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2141, Sciences Po.
- Eloi Laurent & Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La Communauté européenne de l’environnement, de l’énergie et de la recherche (C3℮R)," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/3486, Sciences Po.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.