Liberalisation, Multilateral Institutions and Public Policies : The Issue of Sovereignty In Sub-Saharan Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Boeck Université in its journal Mondes en développement.
Volume (Year): 123 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-mondes-en-developpement.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Enrico Spolaore & Alberto Alesina & Romain Wacziarg, 2000.
"Economic Integration and Political Disintegration,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1276-1296, December.
- Alberto Alesina & Enrico Spolaore & Romain Wacziarg, 1997. "Economic Integration and Political Disintegration," NBER Working Papers 6163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Spolaore, Enrico & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Economic Integration and Political Disintegration," Scholarly Articles 4553029, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2002.
"Do WTO Members have More Liberal Trade Policy?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3659, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kyle Bagwell & Robert W. Staiger, 2001.
"Domestic Policies, National Sovereignty, And International Economic Institutions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 116(2), pages 519-562, May.
- Kyle Bagwell & Robert W. Staiger, 1999. "Domestic Policies, National Sovereignty and International Economic Institutions," NBER Working Papers 7293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ruud de Mooij & S. Ederveen, 2001.
"Taxation and foreign direct investment; a synthesis of empirical research,"
CPB Discussion Paper
3, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- de Mooij, Ruud A & Ederveen, Sjef, 2003. "Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 10(6), pages 673-93, November.
- Ruud A. de Mooij & Sjef Ederveen, 2001. "Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research," CESifo Working Paper Series 588, CESifo Group Munich.
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2001.
"Does Globalization Make the World More Unequal?,"
NBER Working Papers
8228, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T. Paul Schultz & Germano Mwabu, 1998.
"Labor unions and the distribution of wages and employment in South Africa,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(4), pages 680-703, July.
- Schultz, T.P. & Mwabu, G., 1997. "Labor Unions and the Distribution of Wages and Employment in South Africa," Papers 776, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- International Monetary Fund, 1997. "Institutional Development," IMF Working Papers 97/89, International Monetary Fund.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil & Swaroop, Vinaya, 1999. "What does aid to Africa finance?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2092, The World Bank.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Philippe Martin, 1999. "Two Waves of Globalisation: Superficial Similarities, Fundamental Differences," NBER Working Papers 6904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Which Capitalism? Lessons Form The East Asian Crisis,"
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance,
Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(3), pages 40-48.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998. "Which Capitalism? Lessons from the East Asian Crisis," CRSP working papers 486, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- C. Emre Alper & Ziya Onis, 2003.
"Financial Globalization, the Democratic Deficit, and Recurrent Crises in Emerging Markets : The Turkish Experience in the Aftermath of Capital Account Liberalization,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 39(3), pages 5-26, May.
- C. Emre Alper & Ziya Onis, 2001. "Financial Globalization, the Democratic Deficit and Recurrent Crises in Emerging Markets: the Turkish Experience in the Aftermath of Capital Account Liberalization," Working Papers 2001/14, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2002.
"Public Debts and Private Assets:Explaining Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries,"
wp32, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Ndikumana, Leonce & Boyce, James K., 2003. "Public Debts and Private Assets: Explaining Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 107-130, January.
- Léonce Ndikumana & James K. Boyce, 2002. "Public Debts and Private Assets: Explaining Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2002-02, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Ha-Joon Chang & Chul-Gyue Yoo, 1999. "The Triumph of the Rentiers? The 1997 Korean Crisis in a Historical Perspective," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 1999-05, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Gaston Gelos, 2002.
"Transparency and International Investor Behavior,"
IMF Working Papers
02/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Francisco Rodriguez & Dani Rodrik, 1999. "Trade Policy and Economic Growth: A Skeptic's Guide to Cross-National Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shatz, Howard J. & Venables, Anthony J., 2000. "The geography of international investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2338, The World Bank.
- A. Javier Hamann & Ales Bulir, 2001.
"How Volatile and Unpredictable Are Aid Flows, and What Are the Policy Implications?,"
IMF Working Papers
01/167, International Monetary Fund.
- Bulir, Ales & Hamann, A. Javier, 2001. "How Volatile and Unpredictable are Aid Flows, and What are the Policy Implications?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ann Harrison & Gordon Hanson, 1999.
"Who Gains from Trade Reform? Some Remaining Puzzles,"
NBER Working Papers
6915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann & Hanson, Gordon, 1999. "Who gains from trade reform? Some remaining puzzles," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 125-154, June.
- Makler, Harry M. & Ness, Walter Jr., 2002. "How financial intermediation challenges national sovereignty in emerging markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 827-851.
- Ian Lienert & Jitendra R. Modi, 1997. "A Decade of Civil Service Reform in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 97/179, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Kenneth Rogoff & Eswar Prasad & Shang-Jin Wei, 2003. "Effects of Financial Globalization on Developing Countries," IMF Occasional Papers 220, International Monetary Fund.
- J. K. Boyce & L. Ndikumana, 2001. "Is Africa a Net Creditor? New Estimates of Capital Flight from Severely Indebted Sub-Saharan African Countries, 1970-96," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 27-56.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.