Anreize für Weitsicht und Wiederwahlschwellen: Wege zur besseren Demokratie
AbstractAlthough they would promote the common welfare, many political projects are never implemented in democracies. In our article, we make two proposals - incentives for far-sighted policy and reelection thresholds - that could alleviate this problem and enhance any liberal democracy's efficiency without endangering its founding values. Copyright 2007 die Autoren Journal compilation 2007, Verein für Socialpolitik und Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Verein für Socialpolitik in its journal Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik.
Volume (Year): 8 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6493
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gersbach, Hans & Liessem, Verena, 2008.
"Incentive contracts and elections for politicians with multi-task problems,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 401-411, November.
- Gersbach, Hans & Liessem, Verena, 2003. "Incentive Contracts and Elections for Politicians with Multi-Task Problems," CEPR Discussion Papers 4075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Bolton & Mathias Dewatripont, 2005.
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262025760, December.
- Tollison, Robert D, 1982. "Rent Seeking: A Survey," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 575-602.
- Hans Gersbach & Verena Liessem, 2008.
"Reelection threshold contracts in politics,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 233-255, August.
- Hans Gersbach & Markus Müller, 2006.
"Elections, Contracts and Markets,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
06/56, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Watson, Joel, 2002.
"Contract, Mechanism Design, and Technological Detail,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt18x0r2nn, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Joel Watson, 2007. "Contract, Mechanism Design, and Technological Detail," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 55-81, 01.
- Joel Watson, 2002. "Contract, Mechanism Design, and Technological Detail," Theory workshop papers 505798000000000006, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Watson, Joel, 2006. "Contract, Mechanism Design, and Technological Detail," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2m08n7cg, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 2000. "The Political Economy of Labour Market Institutions," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293323, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.