Is The Ghosh Model Interesting?
AbstractThe overall value of the Ghosh model is appraised. Its treatment of quantities and prices is scrutinized by examining the variant with data in quantities and prices, and the variant with data in value and price indexes. The methodology involves returning to the accounting equations and shows that: (i) the Ghosh model offers solutions of limited interest, being incapable of providing prices or price indexes separately from quantities; (ii) what is taken to be the equation of Ghosh's value model is actually that of Ghosh's physical model; (iii) the Ghosh model may serve for cost-push exercises, but the dual of the Leontief model performs the same task in a much simpler and more natural way; and (iv) Cronin's mixed models do not actually mix Leontief and Ghosh hypotheses. Copyright (c) 2008, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 49 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manresa, Antonio & Sancho, Ferran, 2013. "Supply and demand biases in linear interindustry models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 94-100.
- Ana-Isabel Guerra & Ferran Sancho, 2010.
"A Comparison Of Input-Output Models:Ghosh Reduces To Leontief (But 'Closing' Ghosh Makes It More Plausible),"
450, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ana-Isabel Guerra & Ferran Sancho, 2010. "A Comparison Of Input-Output Models:Ghosh Reduces To Leontief (But 'Closing' Ghosh Makes It More Plausible)," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 823.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Ana-Isabel Guerra & Ferran Sancho, 2011. "Revisiting The Original Ghosh Model: Can It Be More Plausible?," Working Papers 11.02, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Ana-Isabel Guerra, 2011. "Merging the Hypothetical Extraction Method and the Classical Multiplier Approach: A Hybrid Possibility for Identifying Key Distributive Sectors," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 886.11, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.