Revisiting The Original Ghosh Model: Can It Be More Plausible?
AbstractWe reconsider in this paper the alleged implausibility of Ghosh’s model and we do so reformulating the model to incorporate an alternative closure rule. Our proposed closure rule is in line with the original allocation rules defined by A. Ghosh. The closure solves, to some extent, the implausibility problem that was pointed out by Oosterhaven for then value–added is correctly computed and responsive to allocation changes resulting from supply shocks. Some numerical examples illustrate the sectoral and aggregate consistency of the allocation equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 11.02.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2011
Date of revision:
Multi-sectoral Input-Output Models; Market Economy; Planned Economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Louis de Mesnard, 2009. "Is The Ghosh Model Interesting?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 361-372.
- Xesús Pereira López & Melchor Fernández Fernández & André Carrascal Incera, 2012. "Algunas consideraciones acerca de los modelos input-output rectangulares," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0049, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Fernández).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.