An Expert System for Online Residential Properties Valuation
AbstractRecent legislation in Spain states the revision of the mortgaged residential property value. This fact has become important since 2008 due to the fall in the average housing prices in Spain. Traditionally, residential properties valuation procedure is based on the comparison to the nearest property prices being necessary to consult human experts. This article presents an expert system, which allows not only punctual but also big portfolios residential properties valuations in the financial market framework using spatial statistical methods (kriging). The final report provides online an immediate updated market price estimation of each residential property sited on Spanish territory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Better Advances Press, Canada in its journal Review of Economics & Finance.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 17 Alton Towers Circle, Unit 101 Toronto, ON, M1V3L8, Canada
Web page: http://www.bapress.ca
Postal: 17 Alton Towers Circle, Unit 101 Toronto, ON, M1V3L8, Canada
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Spatial Production and Pricing Analysis
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorge Chica-Olmo, 2007. "Prediction of Housing Location Price by a Multivariate Spatial Method: Cokriging," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, American Real Estate Society, vol. 29(1), pages 95-114.
- Ingrid Gould Ellen & Amy Ellen Schwartz & Ioan Voicu & Michael H. Schill, 2007. "Does federally subsidized rental housing depress neighborhood property values?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 257-280.
- J. S. Shonkwiler & J. E. Reynolds, 1986. "A Note on the Use of Hedonic Price Models in the Analysis of Land Prices at the Urban Fringe," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 58-63.
- Stevenson, Simon, 2004. "New empirical evidence on heteroscedasticity in hedonic housing models," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 136-153, June.
- Stephen Malpezzi, . "Hedonic Pricing Models: A Selective and Applied Review," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research 02-05, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Luc Anselin & Nancy Lozano-Gracia, 2008. "Errors in variables and spatial effects in hedonic house price models of ambient air quality," Empirical Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 5-34, February.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Steven Peterson & Albert B. Flanagan, 2009. "Neural Network Hedonic Pricing Models in Mass Real Estate Appraisal," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(2), pages 147-164.
- Ingrid Gould Ellen & Ioan Voicu, 2006. "Nonprofit housing and neighborhood spillovers," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(1), pages 31-52.
- Brasington, David M. & Hite, Diane, 2005.
"Demand for environmental quality: a spatial hedonic analysis,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-82, January.
- David Brasington & D. Hite, . "Demand for Environmental Quality: A Spatial Hedonic Analysis," Departmental Working Papers, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University 2003-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Veronica Cacdac Warnock & Francis E. Warnock, 2008. "Markets and Housing Finance," Working Papers, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research 032008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- José-María Montero-Lorenzo & Beatriz Larraz-Iribas & Antonio Páez, 2009. "Estimating commercial property prices: an application of cokriging with housing prices as ancillary information," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 407-425, December.
- Jose Montero & Beatriz Larraz, 2010. "Estimating Housing Prices: A Proposal with Spatially Correlated Data," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 39-51, February.
- Elaine M. Worzala & Margarita Lenk & Ana Silva, 1995. "An Exploration of Neural Networks and Its Application to Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 185-202.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Thibodeau, Thomas G., 2003. "Housing market segmentation and hedonic prediction accuracy," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 181-201, September.
- Warnock, Veronica Cacdac & Warnock, Francis E., 2008. "Markets and housing finance," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 239-251, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bill Yan).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.