Housing market segmentation and hedonic prediction accuracy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Housing Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M. Brasington, 2000. "Demand and Supply of Public School Quality in Metropolitan Areas: The Role of Private Schools," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 583-605.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Ray C. Fair & Robert J. Shiller, 1989.
"The Informational Content of Ex Ante Forecasts,"
NBER Working Papers
2503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brasington, David M., 2001. "Capitalization and Community Size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 385-395, November.
- William N. Goetzmann & Matthew I. Spiegel, 1997.
"A Spatial Model of Housing Returns and Neighborhood Substitutability,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm64, Yale School of Management.
- Goetzmann, William N & Spiegel, Matthew, 1997. "A Spatial Model of Housing Returns and Neighborhood Substitutability," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 11-31, Jan.-Marc.
- William N. Goetzmann and Matthew Spiegel., 1995. "A Spatial Model of Housing Returns and Neighborhood Substitutability," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-253, University of California at Berkeley.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Thibodeau, Thomas G., 1998. "Housing Market Segmentation," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 121-143, June.
- Mahlon R. Straszheim, 1975. "An Econometric Analysis of the Urban Housing Market," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number stra75-1.
- Allen C. Goodman, 1977. "A Comparison of Block Group and Census Tract Data in a Hedonic Housing Price Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 53(4), pages 483-487.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Schnare, Ann B. & Struyk, Raymond J., 1976. "Segmentation in urban housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 146-166, April.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Fair, Ray C & Shiller, Robert J, 1990. "Comparing Information in Forecasts from Econometric Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 375-89, June.
- van Ommeren, Jos & Wentink, Derk & Dekkers, Jasper, 2011.
"The real price of parking policy,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 25-31, July.
- Yan Kestens & Marius Thériault & François Des Rosiers, 2006. "Heterogeneity in hedonic modelling of house prices: looking at buyers’ household profiles," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 61-96, March.
- Dorsey, Robert E. & Hu, Haixin & Mayer, Walter J. & Wang, Hui-chen, 2010. "Hedonic versus repeat-sales housing price indexes for measuring the recent boom-bust cycle," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 75-93, June.
- Nils Soguel & Marc-Jean Martin & Alexandre Tangerini, 2008. "The Impact of Housing Market Segmentation between Tourists and Residents on the Hedonic Price for Landscape Quality," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(IV), pages 655-678, December.
- Antonio Páez, 2009. "Recent research in spatial real estate hedonic analysis," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 311-316, December.
- Luc Anselin & Nancy Lozano-Gracia, 2011. "Is the Price Right? Assessing Estimates of Cadastral Values for BogotÃ¡, Colombia," GeoDa Center Working Papers 1044, GeoDa Center for Geospatial Analysis and Computation.
- Chihiro Shimizu & Kiyohiko Nishimura, 2007. "Pricing Structure in Tokyo Metropolitan Land Markets and its Structural Changes: Pre-bubble, Bubble, and Post-bubble Periods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 475-496, November.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Wei Wang, 2007. "An Examination of the Chinese Housing Market through the Lens of the DiPasquale- Wheaton Model: a Graphical Attempt," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 131-165.
- Trond Borgersen & Dag Einar Sommervoll & Tom Wennemo, 2006. "Endogenous Housing Market Cycles," Discussion Papers 458, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Dag Sommervoll, 2006. "Temporal Aggregation in Repeated Sales Models," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 151-165, September.
- Elif Alkay, 2008. "Housing Submarkets in Istanbul," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 11(1), pages 113-127.
- Beatriz Larraz, 2011. "An Expert System for Online Residential Properties Valuation," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 69-82, April.
- Jos van Ommeren & Derk Wentink & Jasper Dekkers, 2009. "The Real Price Of Parking Policy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-083/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Day, BH, 2005. "Hedonic analysis of property markets: theory and applications to UK cities ," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Redfearn, Christian L., 2009. "How informative are average effects? Hedonic regression and amenity capitalization in complex urban housing markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 297-306, May.
- Alejandro García Pozo, 2008. "Determinantes del precio de la vivienda usada en Málaga: Una aplicación de la metodología hedónica," Revista de Estudios Regionales, Universidades Públicas de Andalucía, vol. 2, pages 135-158.
- Mak Kaboudan & Avijit Sarkar, 2008. "Forecasting prices of single family homes using GIS-defined neighborhoods," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 23-45, March.
- Marco Helbich & Wolfgang Brunauer & Eric Vaz & Peter Nijkamp, . "Spatial Heterogeneity in Hedonic House Price Models: The Case of Austria," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-171/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Wayne Archer & David Ling & Brent C Smith, 2010. "Ownership Duration in the Residential Housing Market: The Influence of Structure, Tenure, Household and Neighborhood Factors," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-61, January.
- Kiefer, Hua, 2011. "The house price determination process: Rational expectations with a spatial context," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 249-266.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.