The persistent holiday effect: additional evidence
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramona DUMITRIU & Razvan STEFANESCU, 2014. "Gone Fishin’ Effects In Returns," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 254-261.
- Stephen Keef & Melvin Roush, 2005. "Day-of-the-week effects in the pre-holiday returns of the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 107-119.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan & Nistor, Costel, 2012. "Holiday effects during quiet and turbulent times," MPRA Paper 41625, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Mar 2012.
- Brian Lucey, 2005.
"Are local or international influences responsible for the pre-holiday behaviour of Irish equities?,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(6), pages 381-389.
- Brian Lucey & Edel Tully, 2005. "Are Local or International influences responsible for the pre-holiday behaviour of Irish equities?," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp056, IIIS.
- Stefanescu, Răzvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2020. "Efectul Turn-of-the-Year pe piaţa valutară din România [The Turn-of-the-Year Effect in the Romanian foreign exchange market]," MPRA Paper 99365, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Mar 2020.
- Paulo M. Gama & Elisabete F. S. Vieira, 2013. "Another look at the holiday effect," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(20), pages 1623-1633, October.
- Benito UmaÃ±a Hermosilla & Juan Cabas Monje & Juan Rodríguez Navarrete & Miguel Villablanca Fuentes, 2015. "Variables explicativas del comportamiento del inversor de multifondos. Un anÃ¡lisis desde la perspectiva de los inversores en el sistema de pensiones chileno," Estudios Gerenciales, Universidad Icesi, April.
- Andrey Kudryavtsev, 2019. "Holiday Effect on Large Stock Price Changes," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 20(2), pages 633-660, November.
- Laura Birg & Anna Goeddeke, 2016.
"Christmas Economics—A Sleigh Ride,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(4), pages 1980-1984, October.
- Birg, Laura & Goeddeke, Anna, 2014. "Christmas economics: A sleigh ride," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 220, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan & Nistor, Costel, 2011. "Holiday effect on the Romanian stock market," MPRA Paper 41635, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Sep 2011.
- Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona & Nistor, Costel, 2012. "Prolonged holiday effects on Romanian capital market before and after the adhesion to EU," MPRA Paper 52770, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2013.
- Ramona Dumitriu & Razvan Stefanescu, 2013. "Gone Fishin’ Effects on the Bucharest Stock Exchange," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 13(1), pages 107-116.
- Joao Dionisio Monteiro & Jose Luis Miralles-Quiros & Jose Ramos Pires Manso, 2018. "Is There Seasonality in Traded and Non-Traded Period Returns in the US Equity Market? A Multiple Structural Change Approach," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 68(1), pages 71-98, February.
- repec:rfb:journl:v:09:y:2017:i:2:p:007-026 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cemal Berk OÄŸuzsoy & Sibel GÃ¼ven, 2004. "Holy Days Effect on Istanbul Stock Exchange," Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 3(1), pages 63-75, January.
- Glenn Boyle & Andrew Hagan & R. Seini O'Connor & Nick Whitwell, 2004.
"Emotion, fear and superstition in the New Zealand stockmarket,"
New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 65-85.
- Boyle, Glenn & Hagan, Andrew & O'Connor, R. Seini, 2004. "Emotion, Fear and Superstition in the New Zealand Stockmarket," Working Paper Series 3873, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2013. "Efecte Gone Fishin’ la Bursa de Valori din Bucureşti [Gone Fishin’ Effects on the Bucharest Stock Exchange]," MPRA Paper 52473, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Sep 2013.
- George Marrett & Andrew Worthington, 2009. "An empirical note on the holiday effect in the Australian stock market, 1996-2006," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(17), pages 1769-1772.
- Obalade Adefemi A. & Muzindutsi Paul-Francois, 2019. "The Adaptive Market Hypothesis and the Day-of-the-Week Effect in African Stock Markets: the Markov Switching Model," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 22(3), pages 145-162, September.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Răzvan, 2020. "The Extended Holiday Effect on US capital market," MPRA Paper 100463, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 May 2020.
- Qadan, Mahmoud & Aharon, David Y. & Cohen, Gil, 2020. "Everybody likes shopping, including the US capital market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 551(C).
- Taufeeque Ahmad Siddiqui & Isha Narula, 2013. "Market Efficiency and Anomalies: Evidences from S&P CNX NIFTY," Vision, , vol. 17(3), pages 233-245, September.
- Razvan STEFANESCU & Ramona DUMITRIU, 2018. "Changes in the stocks prices behavior before and after the public holidays: case of Bucharest Stock Exchange," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 189-202.
- Qadan, Mahmoud & Kliger, Doron, 2016. "The short trading day anomaly," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 62-80.
- Brian Lucey & Angel Pardo, 2005. "Why investors should not be cautious about the academic approach to testing for stock market anomalies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 165-171.
- Wessel Marquering & Johan Nisser & Toni Valla, 2006. "Disappearing anomalies: a dynamic analysis of the persistence of anomalies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 291-302.
- Andrey Kudryavtsev, 2018. "Holiday effect on stock price reactions to analyst recommendation revisions," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(7), pages 507-521, December.
- Meneu, Vicente & Pardo, Angel, 2004. "Pre-holiday effect, large trades and small investor behaviour," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 231-246, March.
- Tian Yuan & Rakesh Gupta & Robert J. Bianchi, 2015. "The Pre-Holiday Effect in China: Abnormal Returns or Compensation for Risk?," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(03), pages 1-28.
- Bin Li & Steven C. H. Hoi, 2012. "Online Portfolio Selection: A Survey," Papers 1212.2129, arXiv.org, revised May 2013.
- Brian Lucey, 2000. "Friday the 13th and the philosophical basis of financial economics," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 24(3), pages 294-301, September.
- Stefanescu, Răzvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2020. "Introducere în analiza anomaliilor calendaristice, Partea a doua [An Introduction to the Analysis of the Calendar Anomalies, Part 2]," MPRA Paper 97961, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vesna Karadžic & Tamara Backovic Vulic, 2011. "The Montenegrin Capital Market: Calendar Anomalies," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 56(191), pages 107-122, October-D.
- Andrew Worthington, 2010. "The decline of calendar seasonality in the Australian stock exchange, 1958–2005," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 421-433, July.
- Andrew C. Worthington, 2007. "National Exuberance: A Note On The Melbourne Cup Effect In Australian Stock Returns," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 26(2), pages 170-179, June.
- Bogdan Batrinca & Christian W. Hesse & Philip C. Treleaven, 2018. "European trading volumes on cross‐market holidays," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 675-704, October.
- Alagidede, Paul, 2008. "Month-of-the-year and pre-holiday seasonality in African stock markets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-23, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Qadan, Mahmoud & Aharon, David Y., 2019. "How much happiness can we find in the U.S. fear Index?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 246-258.
- Andrey Kudryavtsev, 2017. ""I'll Think about it Tomorrow": Price Drifts Following Large Pre-Holiday Stock Price Moves," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 9(2), pages 043-062, December.