Emission taxes, lobbying, and incomplete enforcement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony Heyes, 1994. "Environmental enforcement when ‘inspectability’ is endogenous: A model with overshooting properties," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(5), pages 479-494, October.
- Garvie, Devon & Keeler, Andrew, 1994.
"Incomplete enforcement with endogenous regulatory choice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 141-162, September.
- Devon Garvie & Andrew Keeler, 1993. "Incomplete Enforcement with Endogenous Regulatory Choice," Working Paper 873, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Macho-Stadler, Ines & Perez-Castrillo, David, 2006.
"Optimal enforcement policy and firms' emissions and compliance with environmental taxes,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 110-131, January.
- Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo, 2004. "Optimal Enforcement Policy and Firm's Emissions and Compliance with Environmental Taxes," Working Papers 124, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo, 2004. "Optimal Enforcement Policy and Firms' Emissions and Compliance with Environmental Taxes," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 612.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Ines Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo, 2004. "Optimal Enforcement Policy and Firms’ Emissions and Compliance with Environmental Taxes," CESifo Working Paper Series 1193, CESifo Group Munich.
- Harford, Jon D., 1987. "Self-reporting of pollution and the firm's behavior under imperfectly enforceable regulations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 293-303, September.
- Lotte Ovaere & Stef Proost & Sandra Rousseau, 2013. "The choice of environmental regulatory enforcement by lobby groups," Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 328-347, November.
- Agnar Sandmo, 2002.
"Efficient Environmental Policy with Imperfect Compliance,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 23(1), pages 85-103, September.
- Sandmo, A., 1998. "Efficient Environmental Policy with Imperfect Compliance," Papers 8/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Nowell, Clifford & Shogren, Jason F, 1994.
"Challenging the Enforcement of Environmental Regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 265-282, September.
- Clifford Nowell & Jason F. Shogren, 1991. "Challenging the Enforcement of Environmental Regulation," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 91-wp80, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Harford, Jon D., 1978. "Firm behavior under imperfectly enforceable pollution standards and taxes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 26-43, March.
- Kambhu, John, 1989. "Regulatory Standards, Noncompliance and Enforcement," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 103-114, June.
- John Kambhu, 1989. "Regulatory standards, noncompliance and enforcement," Research Paper 8902, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Heyes, Anthony, 2000. "Implementing Environmental Regulation: Enforcement and Compliance," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 107-129, March.
- Ian MacKenzie & Markus Ohndorf, 2012.
"Optimal monitoring of credit-based emissions trading under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 180-203, October.
- Ian A. MacKenzie & Markus Ohndorf, 2011. "Optimal monitoring of credit-based emissions trading under asymmetric information," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 11/152, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Gerigk, Joschka & MacKenzie, Ian & Ohndorf, Markus, 2015. "Environmental policy diffusion and lobbying," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113132, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2017-02-19 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-ENE-2017-02-19 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-02-19 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-POL-2017-02-19 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-02-19 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc16:145920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.