Socio-demographic characteristics and human capital of the German federal government's members
Currently, background, qualification and training of German top politicians are widely discussed by scholars and media. This paper provides new insights to this discussion by analysing significant differences between the chancellors, vice chancellors as well as ministers of the inner residual cabinets of the German federal governments between 1949 and 2009 with respect to their socio-demographic backgrounds and educational, economic and political human capital. Applications of different statistical methods reveal that the ministers of the inner cabinet habe the most advantageous social background and the best education. Vice chancellors score highest with regard to their economic human capital, measured here by board seats before their current offices. The average tenure in the federal government as well as the expertise in the actual headed department is highest for chancellors.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitätsstr. 14-16, 48143 Münster|
Phone: 02 51 / 83-2 29 10
Fax: 02 51 / 83-2 83 99
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-muenster.de/io/en/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- H. Dewachter & R. Houssa & P.R. Kaltwasser, 2011. "Introduction," Review of Business and Economic Literature, Intersentia, vol. 56(4), pages 378-382, December.
- repec:sen:rebelj:v:lvi:y:2011:i:4:p:378-382 is not listed on IDEAS
- N. Lesca, 2011. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640604, HAL.
- L. Sleuwaegen, 2011. "Introduction," Review of Business and Economic Literature, Intersentia, vol. 56(2), pages 106-110, June.
- repec:sen:rebelj:v:lvi:y:2011:i:2:p:106-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:vep:journl:y:2011:i:1:p:2-3 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:umiodp:22012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.