An empirical likelihood goodness-of-fit test for time series
The testing of a computing model for a stationary time series is a standard task in statistics. When a parametric approach is used to model the time series, the question of goodness-of-fit arises. In this paper, we employ the empirical likelihood for an a-mixing process and formulate a statistic test measures the goodness-of-fit of a parametric model. The technique is based on comparison with kernel smoothing estimators. The goodness of- fit test proposed is based on the asymptotics of the empirical likelihood, which has two attractive features. One is its automatic consideration of the variation associated with the nonparametric fit due to the empirical likelihood's ability to studentise internally. The other one is that the asymptotic distributions of the test statistic are free of unknown parameters which avoids secondary plug-in estimation. We apply the empirical likelihood based test to a discretised diffusion model which has been recently considered in financial market analysis.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pham, Tuan D. & Tran, Lanh T., 1985. "Some mixing properties of time series models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 297-303, April.
- Tripathi, Gautam & Kitamura, Yuichi, 2000. "On testing conditional moment restrictions: The canonical case," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,88, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Vidar Hjellvik & Qiwei Yao & Dag Tjostheim, 1998. "Linearity testing using local polynominal approximation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6638, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Horowitz, Joel L & Spokoiny, Vladimir G, 2001. "An Adaptive, Rate-Optimal Test of a Parametric Mean-Regression Model against a Nonparametric Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 599-631, May.
- Eckhard Platen, 2000.
"Risk Premia and Financial Modelling Without Measure Transformation,"
Research Paper Series
45, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Platen, Eckhard, 2000. "Risk premia and financial modelling without measure transformation," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,92, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:sfb373:20011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.