Power-Law and Log-Normal Distributions in Firm Size Displacement Data
We have shown that firm size signed displacement data follow not only power-law in the large scale region but also the log-normal distribution in the middle scale one. In the analyses, we employ three databases: high-income data, high-sales data and positive-profits data of Japanese firms. It is particularly worth noting that the growth rate distributions of the firm size displacement have no wide tail which is observed in assets, sales of firms, the number of employees and personal income data. An extended-Gibrat's law is also found in the growth rate distributions. This leads the power-law and the log-normal distributions of the firm size displacement under the detailed balance.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.economics-ejournal.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Annual change of Pareto index dynamically deduced from the law of detailed quasi-balance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 371(2), pages 525-535.
- Fujiwara, Yoshi & Di Guilmi, Corrado & Aoyama, Hideaki & Gallegati, Mauro & Souma, Wataru, 2004.
"Do Pareto–Zipf and Gibrat laws hold true? An analysis with European firms,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 197-216.
- Yoshi Fujiwara & Corrado Di Guilmi & Hideaki Aoyama & Mauro Gallegati & Wataru Souma, 2003. "Do Pareto-Zipf and Gibrat laws hold true? An analysis with European Firms," Papers cond-mat/0310061, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2003.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2007. "The uniqueness of firm size distribution function from tent-shaped growth rate distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 383(1), pages 79-84.
- Atushi Ishikawa, 2007. "Quasistatically varying log-normal distribution in the middle scale region of Japanese land prices," Papers 0710.1893, arXiv.org.
- Masashi Tomoyose & Shouji Fujimoto & Atushi Ishikawa, 2008. "Non-Gibrat's law in the middle scale region," Papers 0809.3060, arXiv.org.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Derivation of the distribution from extended Gibrat's law," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 367(C), pages 425-434.
- Kaushik Matia & Dongfeng Fu & Sergey V. Buldyrev & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni & H. Eugene Stanley, 2005. "Statistical Properties of Business Firms Structure and Growth," Papers physics/0502081, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:7466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.