What a difference peers can make: The impact of social (work) norms on unemployment duration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Assar Lindbeck & Sten Nyberg & Jörgen W. Weibull, 1999.
"Social Norms and Economic Incentives in the Welfare State,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 1-35.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Nyberg, Sten & Weibull, Jörgen W., 1997. "Social Norms and Economic Incentives in the Welfare State," Working Paper Series 476, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Ruffle Bradley J. & Sosis Richard, 2007.
"Does It Pay To Pray? Costly Ritual and Cooperation,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Bradley Ruffle & Richard Sosis, 2007. "Does it pay to pray? Costly ritual and cooperation," Artefactual Field Experiments 00014, The Field Experiments Website.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- Alois Stutzer & Rafael Lalive, 2004.
"The Role of Social Work Norms in Job Searching and Subjective Well-Being,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(4), pages 696-719, June.
- Alois Stutzer & Rafael Lalive, "undated". "The Role of Social Work Norms in Job Searching and Subjective Well-Being," IEW - Working Papers 051, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Stutzer, Alois & Lalive, Rafael, 2001. "The Role of Social Work Norms in Job Searching and Subjective Well-Being," IZA Discussion Papers 300, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark, 2006. "A Note on Unhappiness and Unemployment Duration," Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 52(4), pages 291-308.
- Hedström, Peter & Kolm, Ann-Sofie & Åberg, Yvonne, 2003. "Social interactions and unemployment," Working Paper Series 2003:15, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Social Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 115-136, Summer.
- Andrew Clark & Andreas Knabe & Steffen Rätzel, 2009.
"Unemployment as a Social Norm in Germany,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 129(2), pages 251-260.
- Andrew E. Clark & Andreas Knabe & Steffen Rätzel, 2008. "Unemployment as a Social Norm in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 132, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Andrew E. Clark & Andréas Knabe & Steffen Rätzel, 2009. "Unemployment as a Social Norm in Germany," Post-Print halshs-00754675, HAL.
- Andrew E. Clark & Andreas Knabe & Steffen Rätzel, 2008. "Unemployment as a social norm in Germany," PSE Working Papers halshs-00586249, HAL.
- repec:pse:psecon:2008-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Ralf A. Wilke, 2010.
"Unemployment Durations in West Germany Before and After the Reform of the Unemployment Compensation System during the 1980s,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11, pages 336-366, August.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Wilke, Ralf A., 2004. "Unemployment Durations in West-Germany Before and After the Reform of the Unemployment Compensation System During the 1980s," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-24, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Laurence R. Iannaccone, 1998. "Introduction to the Economics of Religion," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1465-1495, September.
- Alois Stutzer & Rafael Lalive, 2002. "Soziale Arbeitsnorm und Arbeitslosigkeit in der Schweiz," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(III), pages 293-316, September.
- Laurence R. Iannaccone, 1998. "Corrigenda [Introduction to the Economics of Religion]," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1941-1941, December.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:476 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsregional social interactions; social work norms; group influence; regional unemployment; religious influences;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwirp:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hwwiide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.