Not Always in the People's Interest: Power-sharing Arrangements in African Peace Agreements
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andreas Mehler, 2008. "Not always in the people’s interest: Power-sharing arrangements in African Peace agreements," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 4008, GDI, The University of Manchester.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frederic S. Pearson & Marie Olson Lounsbery & Scott Walker & Sonja Mann, 2006. "Rethinking Models of Civil War Settlement," International Interactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 109-128, July.
- Walter, Barbara F., 1997. "The Critical Barrier to Civil War Settlement," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 335-364, July.
- Doyle, Michael W. & Sambanis, Nicholas, 2000. "International Peacebuilding: A Theoretical and Quantitative Analysis," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 779-801, December.
- Tony Addison & S. Mansoob Murshed, 2002.
"Credibility and Reputation in Peacemaking,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 39(4), pages 487-501, July.
- Addison, Tony & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2001. "Credibility and Reputation in Peacemaking," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tony Addison & S Mansoob Murshed, 2010. "Credibility and Reputationin Peacemaking," Working Papers id:3288, eSocialSciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Einas Ahmed, 2009. "The Comprehensive Peace Agreement and the Dynamics of Post-Conflict Political Partnership in Sudan," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 44(3), pages 133-147.
- Kathrin Heitz, 2009. "Power-Sharing in the Local Arena: Man . a Rebel-Held Town in Western Côte d.Ivoire," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 44(3), pages 109-131.
- Chandra Sriram & Marie-Joëlle Zahar, 2009. "The Perils of Power-Sharing: Africa and Beyond," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 44(3), pages 11-39.
More about this item
KeywordsPower sharing; peace agreements; consociational democracy; Central African Republic; Côte d'Ivoire; Liberia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:gigawp:83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dueiide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.