The roles of the state in the governance of socio-technical systems' transformation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weber, K. Matthias & Rohracher, Harald, 2012. "Legitimizing research, technology and innovation policies for transformative change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1037-1047.
- Araz Taeihagh & Hazel Si Min Lim, 2019. "Governing autonomous vehicles: emerging responses for safety, liability, privacy, cybersecurity, and industry risks," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 103-128, January.
- Marjolein B. A. van Asselt & Ellen Vos, 2008. "Wrestling with uncertain risks: EU regulation of GMOs and the uncertainty paradox," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1-2), pages 281-300, January.
- Schot, Johan & Steinmueller, W. Edward, 2018. "Three frames for innovation policy: R&D, systems of innovation and transformative change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(9), pages 1554-1567.
- Willem van Winden & Daniel van den Buuse, 2017. "Smart City Pilot Projects: Exploring the Dimensions and Conditions of Scaling Up," Journal of Urban Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 51-72, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robinson, Douglas K.R. & Schoen, Antoine & Larédo, Philippe & Gallart, Jordi Molas & Warnke, Philine & Kuhlmann, Stefan & Ordóñez-Matamoros, Gonzalo, 2021. "Policy lensing of future-oriented strategic intelligence: An experiment connecting foresight with decision making contexts," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 169(C).
- Jürgen Janger & Thomas König, 2020. "Forschungspolitik in Österreich. Zentrale Ansatzpunkte für eine Leistungssteigerung in der Grundlagenforschung," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 66625, September.
- Lindner, Ralf & Edler, Jakob & Hufnagl, Miriam & Kimpeler, Simone & Kroll, Henning & Roth, Florian & Wittmann, Florian & Yorulmaz, Merve, 2021. "Mission-oriented innovation policy: From ambition to successful implementation," Perspectives – Policy Briefs 02 / 2021, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Douglas K. R. Robinson & Antoine Schoen & Philippe Larédo & Jordi Molas Gallart & Philine Warnke & Stefan Kuhlmann & Gonzalo Ordóñez-Matamoros, 2021. "Policy lensing of future-oriented strategic intelligence: An experiment connecting foresight with decision making contexts," Post-Print hal-03232913, HAL.
- Bundgaard, Lasse & Borrás, Susana, 2021. "City-wide scale-up of smart city pilot projects: Governance conditions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 172(C).
- Ola Michalec & Cian O’Donovan & Mehdi Sobhani, 2021. "What is robotics made of? The interdisciplinary politics of robotics research," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 8(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Edler, Jakob & Köhler, Jonathan Hugh & Wydra, Sven & Salas-Gironés, Edgar & Schiller, Katharina & Braun, Annette, 2021. "Dimensions of systems and transformations: Towards an integrated framework for system transformations," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S03/2021, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Bellavitis, Cristiano & Fisch, Christian & Wiklund, Johan, 2021. "A comprehensive review of the global development of initial coin offerings (ICOs) and their regulation," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 15(C).
- Loewen, Bradley, 2022. "Revitalizing varieties of capitalism for sustainability transitions research: Review, critique and way forward," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 162(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Borrás, Susana & Edler, Jakob, 2020. "The roles of the state in the governance of socio-technical systems’ transformation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(5).
- Švarc, Jadranka & Dabić, Marina, 2021. "Transformative innovation policy or how to escape peripheral policy paradox in European research peripheral countries," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Iizuka, Michiko & Hane, Gerald, 2021. "Transformation towards sustainable development goals: Role of innovation ecosystems for inclusive, disruptive advances in five Asian case studies," MERIT Working Papers 2021-001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Fagerberg, Jan, 2018.
"Mobilizing innovation for sustainability transitions: A comment on transformative innovation policy,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(9), pages 1568-1576.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2021. "Mobilizing innovation for sustainability transitions: a comment on transformative innovation policy," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20211115, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Veldhuizen, Caroline, 2020. "Smart Specialisation as a transition management framework: Driving sustainability-focused regional innovation policy?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(6).
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Daniels, Chux & AbdulRafiu, Abbas, 2022. "Transitioning to electrified, automated and shared mobility in an African context: A comparative review of Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos and Nairobi," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Joanna Stryjek, 2021. "Counteracting the COVID-19 Crisis with Innovation Policy Tools: A Case Study of the EU’s Supranational Innovation Policy," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 450-468.
- Most Asikha Aktar & Mukaramah Binti & Md. Mahmudul Alam, 2020. "Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Policy for Sustainable Development," Post-Print hal-03519872, HAL.
- Salas Gironés, Edgar & van Est, Rinie & Verbong, Geert, 2020. "The role of policy entrepreneurs in defining directions of innovation policy: A case study of automated driving in the Netherlands," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
- Dierk Bauknecht & Allan Dahl Andersen & Karoline Dunne, 2020. "Challenges for electricity network governance in Energy transitions: Insights from Norway," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20200115, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Daniel Feser, 2022. "Innovationspolitik in der neuen Legislaturperiode: eine neue strategische Ausrichtung? [Innovation Policy in the New Legislative Period: A New Strategic Direction?]," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 102(6), pages 465-469, June.
- Yanwei Li & Araz Taeihagh & Martin de Jong & Andreas Klinke, 2021. "Toward a Commonly Shared Public Policy Perspective for Analyzing Risk Coping Strategies," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 41(3), pages 519-532, March.
- Leonard Prochaska & Daniel Schiller, 2021. "An evolutionary perspective on the emergence and implementation of mission-oriented innovation policy: the example of the change of the leitmotif from biotechnology to bioeconomy," Review of Evolutionary Political Economy, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 141-249, April.
- Pel, Bonno & Raven, Rob & van Est, Rinie, 2020. "Transitions governance with a sense of direction: synchronization challenges in the case of the dutch ‘Driverless Car’ transition," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 160(C).
- EFI - Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (ed.), 2021. "Gutachten zu Forschung, Innovation und technologischer Leistungsfähigkeit Deutschlands 2021," Reports on Research, Innovation and Technological Performance in Germany, Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation, Berlin, volume 127, number 2021.
- Franz Tödtling & Michaela Trippl & Veronika Desch, 2021. "New directions for RIS studies and policies in the face of grand societal challenges," GEIST - Geography of Innovation and Sustainability Transitions 2021(01), GEIST Working Paper Series.
- Franz TÃ¶dtling & Michaela Trippl & Alexandra Frangenheim, 2019. "Policy options for green regional development: applying a production and application perspective," PEGIS geo-disc-2019_16, Institute for Economic Geography and GIScience, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Busch, Henner & Ruggiero, Salvatore & Isakovic, Aljosa & Hansen, Teis, 2021. "Policy challenges to community energy in the EU: A systematic review of the scientific literature," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Kivimaa, Paula & Rogge, Karoline S., 2022. "Interplay of policy experimentation and institutional change in sustainability transitions: The case of mobility as a service in Finland," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(1).
- Jan Fagerberg & Gernot Hutschenreiter, 2020.
"Coping with Societal Challenges: Lessons for Innovation Policy Governance,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 279-305, June.
- Jan Fagerberg & Gernot Hutschenreiter, 2019. "Coping with societal challenges: Lessons for innovation policy governance," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20191220, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2020-05-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2020-05-04 (Innovation)
- NEP-ORE-2020-05-04 (Operations Research)
- NEP-PAY-2020-05-04 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-URE-2020-05-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fisidp:65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/isfhgde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/isfhgde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.