Effective Corporate Income Tax Burden in Croatia
This paper provides an analysis of corporate income tax (CIT) in Croatia. Given the fact that Croatia implements a consumption-based CIT and a number of tax incentives, the purpose of this paper is to establish the level of effective tax burden on companies in Croatia. In addition to analyzing the basic indicators of the CIT burden, the paper also presents a calculation of the effective tax rate based on the application of the Devereux-Griffith methodology. Apart from the cost of capital, the effective marginal tax rate (EMTR) and the effective average tax rate (EATR), also the EATR will be calculated for cases in which tax holidays are used.
|Date of creation:||17 Feb 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +385 1 233-5633
Fax: +385 1 238-3333
Web page: http://www.efzg.hrEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrvoja Šimović, 2008. "Porezni poticaji za izgradnju konkurentnosti," EFZG Working Papers Series 0803, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 2002.
"Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1998.
"The Taxation of Discrete Investment Choices,"
Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001)
98/08, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- European Commission, 2013. "Taxation trends in the European Union: 2013 edition," Taxation trends 2013, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- King, Mervyn A. & Fullerton, Don, 2010. "The Taxation of Income from Capital," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226436319, March.
- European Commission, 2008. "Taxation trends in the European Union: 2008 edition," Taxation trends 2008, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2002. "Corporate income tax reforms and international tax competition," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 449-495, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zag:wpaper:0902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WPS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.