Multi-Product Cost Functions and the Funding of Tuition in UK Universities
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Geraint Johnes, 1996. "Multi-product cost functions and the funding of tuition in UK universities," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(9), pages 557-561.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2007:i:15:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:4813 is not listed on IDEAS
- G. Johnes, 1997. "Costs in UK Higher Education: A System-Wide Perspective," CERT Discussion Papers 9707, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- repec:spr:reihed:v:58:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s11162-016-9434-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnes, Geraint & Johnes, Jill, 2009.
"Higher education institutions' costs and efficiency: Taking the decomposition a further step,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 107-113, February.
- G Johnes & J Johnes, 2005. "Higher education institutions' costs and efficiency: taking the decomposition a further step," Working Papers 574007, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:4381 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geraint Johnes, 2007.
"Funding Formulae where Costs Legitimately Differ: The Case of Higher Education in England,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 385-404.
- G Johnes, 2005. "Funding formulae where costs legitimately differ: the case of higher education in England," Working Papers 574022, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1058 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colin Glass, J. & McCallion, Gillian & McKillop, Donal G. & Rasaratnam, Syamarlah & Stringer, Karl S., 2006. "Implications of variant efficiency measures for policy evaluations in UK higher education," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 119-142, June.
- Liang-Cheng Zhang & Andrew C. Worthington, 2018.
"Explaining Estimated Economies of Scale and Scope in Higher Education: A Meta-Regression Analysis,"
Research in Higher Education,
Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 59(2), pages 156-173, March.
- Liang-Cheng Zhang & Andrew C Worthington, 2016. "Explaining estimated economies of scale and scope in higher education: A meta-regression analysis," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201604, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1043 is not listed on IDEAS
- E Thanassoulis & G Johnes & J Johnes, 2005. "An analysis of costs in institutions of higher education in England," Working Papers 566942, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Geraint Johnes & Ana S. Camanho & Maria S. Portela, 2008. "Assessing Efficiency Of Portuguese Universities Through Parametric And Non-Parametric Methods," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 39-66.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abbott, M. & Doucouliagos, C., 2003. "The efficiency of Australian universities: a data envelopment analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-97, February.
- Geraint Johnes & Manuel Salas-Velasco, 2007. "The Determinants Of Costs And Efficiencies Where Producers Are Heterogeneous: The Case Of Spanish Universities," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(15), pages 1-9.
- Abdullahi Abdulkadri & Michael Langemeier & Allen Featherstone, 2006. "Estimating economies of scope and scale under price risk and risk aversion," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 191-201.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1044 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:4509 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gralka, Sabine, 2016. "Persistent inefficiency in the higher education sector: Evidence from Germany," CEPIE Working Papers 06/16, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wuk:lanedp:ec6/94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delanuk.html .