The influence of capital origin on Brazilian foreign trade patterns
This article aims to determine whether the geographical pattern of the external trade of foreign-owned enterprises in Brazil differs from that of domestic enterprises and whether, in the case of foreign enterprises, the region of origin of their capital is an important factor in determining that pattern, both in terms of the origin and destination of their imports and exports and with regard to the technological content. The methodology employed was panel analysis, applied to a representative set of enterprises, using trade data broken down by region for 1989, 1997 and 2000.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- João Paulo Filipe & Maria Paula Fontoura & Philippe Saucier, 2002. "US Intrafirm Trade: Sectoral, Country and Location Determinants in the 90s," Working Papers Department of Economics 2002/07, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1998.
"Multinational firms and the new trade theory,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-203, December.
- S. Lael Brainard, 1993. "An Empirical Assessment of the Proximity-Concentration Tradeoff between Multinational Sales and Trade," NBER Working Papers 4580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andersson, Thomas & Fredriksson, Torbjorn, 2000. "Distinction between intermediate and finished products in intra-firm trade," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 773-792, July.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 1998. "Internationalized Production in Developed and Developing Countries and in Industry Sectors," NBER Working Papers 6405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernanda de Negri, 2003. "Desempenho Comercial das Empresas Estrangeiras no Brasil na Década de 90: uma Análise de Dados em Painel," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31th Brazilian Economics Meeting] d25, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:0508006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.